Whoa! Three blogs in ONE week! I'm excited to be back! :) Having a healthy baby is something that I will never take for granted again. When he's healthy, Isaac is AWESOME. The best little guy EVER. He laughs all day long...and mostly at himself. He is walking now (I'd say 85% walking, 15% crawling). So I guess that officially makes him a TODDLER! Wow!

And he's got LOTS of new words. His favorites these days are: HI!, bye-bye, nigh-nigh (g'nite), and bah (ball). Oh...and he has finally started calling Mona by her name, which is so fun! I have been working SO hard with him with sign language (since he was 3 months old). Wanna know how many he's doing? NONE. That's right. I guess this kid just prefers talking! Haha. He'd rather say ah-duh (all done) or E-E-E (eat) or mo-mo-mo (more). It's pretty funny. I had it all planned out, invested in a couple of fun baby sign-language videos, and what do ya know...he has a mind of his own! ;)


I realized that I never did share his 1-year stats, so here they are: weight: 23lbs, 2oz, height: 30in. That puts him in about the 55th percentile for BOTH. So he's perfectly proportioned now.


We are starting to have minor issues with discipline...ALREADY. He thinks when we say "NO!" that it's funny. So he smiles really big and still does whatever we are telling him NOT to do. Then, when we re-direct him (or occasionally tap the back of his hand) he gets giddy and thinks it's HILARIOUS. I have been about ready to throw my hands up in the air! I have tried using a much harsher tone in my voice while correcting him. I've tried tapping his hand a bit harder. NOTHING seems to work. He is very strong-willed. And ENJOYS hearing us tell him "NO!" This, too, shall pass...and hopefully sooner than later! ;)

These photos were taken today. Yes...I did buy him another pair of leg warmers. I love them. I think they are adorable and they make diaper changing a BREEZE. I thought these ones were a bit more boyish. But Daddy still thinks they're girly. Ah well. I just hope Isaac doesn't mind when he gets older! :)
5 comments:
What a little cherub. Yes, the tights are cute, and girlie. :) Keep on bloggin' - I love it! And you were able to snap one of skeezicks!!
Good work with all the blogging! I'm glad Isaac is feeling better! I dread the first time Griffin gets sick...I don't even like when he has painful gas!
I like the leg warmers...where do you get them?
Thanks! :) I get the leg warmers from ETSY. (Knotty Baby Wear) She makes all different patterns and colors. I also got three "girlie" colored ones too! Can't wait to use those on Naomi! :)
hehe - funny. hmm...good luck w/ that discipline thing! yikes! i love the stuff about him having a mind of his own and saying screw the sign language ;)
Nathan is EXACTLY the same way with the discipline right now, and I'm struggling to remember what we did the last two times! He gets the point more when we remove him from whatever he's doing, or maybe it just LOOKS that way to me, because he cries and acts cross about it, compared with the smiley yay-what-a-fun-game! thing he does with any firm tones/hand-tapping! So I don't know.
All I DO know is that we have not arrived where we want to with our 2 and 4 year olds, and now have some serious training to do with them! But I think that is recent slackness on our part, not so much the early toddlerhood stuff.
It's not an easy journey and it can be so frustrating! You sound like you are setting out with the right attitude and goals, so good for you!
Post a Comment