Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Isaac's a GREAT big brother!!

I let Isaac hold Naomi for the first time this week. It was REALLY precious. He just cuddled up with her, kissed her head, and laughed the whole time. :)And as the weeks go on, Naomi is acting more and more just like Isaac did when he was a tiny one (high-maintenance). Like her older brother, she doesn't enjoy the baby swing, bouncy seat, pacifier, car rides, etc (the things MOST babies are calmed by). She just wants to be held ALL. THE. TIME. And when she's awake, she's usually crying. That said, when she sleeps, she sleeps very well. I actually got a shot of her smiling while asleep...

I just keep reminding myself that this is JUST a phase. And it will not last forever. I can hardly even remember Isaac's fussy period. I am trying to do a dairy-free diet for now, and if that doesn't help things, we are going to start Naomi on Prevacid for reflux. Life is pretty crazy in our house, but we are managing...some days better than others. :)

2 comments:

Erin Erwin said...

I'm sorry to hear you have a fussy baby - even if it is just a phase, it is a tough one. Do you have a Moby wrap? I love my Moby - it holds a newborn nice and snug to your body, so you could wear her rather than hold her.

erin said...

that's so cute of isaac holding naomi :) i didn't know she was having reflux issues :( ugh. sorry to hear that.