So I've been realizing a lot lately how God has blessed Isaac with a beautiful mind. I am excited to watch him grow and develop and look forward to seeing how God decides to use him. We're still 2 months away from turning two, and he amazes me every day.
The Lord has blessed Isaac with a wonderful memory. He'll be introduced to someone and remember them days later. You just have to tell him something once, and he usually gets it. Now that said, he doesn't always choose to listen to mommy. ;) He IS still a toddler! :)
For instance a typical exchange in our home is this:
Mommy: Isaac, you need to sit down in the chair.
Isaac: But I wan to stan up.
Mommy: I realize you want to stand, but that's not safe.
Isaac: I stan up?
Mommy: No, we sit in the chair. What could happen if we stand in the chair?
Isaac: I faw DOWN!
Mommy: You're right...we don't want you to fall down.
One thing that always amazes me with him is that he answers questions in complete sentences. For instance, "What color is that?" His answer: "It's blue." or "How many legos do you have?" His answer: "I have TWO legos!!" or "What are you eating?" His answer: "I eating been geens." or "Where is it?" His answer: "Its behine you." or "What do you want?" His answer: "I would like a hug peez." Isaac is SUCH a thorough little guy...and it's so stinkin cute!
Another thing that amazes me is his grasp of the concept "one more time" or "last time." Most children hear an adult tell them one more time, but then whine and ask for more after they're finished. Isaac gets it. I will tell him, "Okay, buddy...this is the LAST time...then we're all done." We do whatever it is we're doing one last time, and then he walks away, fully understanding AND accepting that we are finished. Amazing.
His latest antic is narrating everything he does. It's pretty funny at times. He'll say something funny, laugh to himself, then say, "I said ___." Cracks us up. His other newest thing is being very explicit in what he wants us to do. He'll tug on our pants or pull our arms and say, "Come play, Mommy...get up, peez!" He says "come on" and "peeeeez, Mommy, peeeeeeez" a lot these days. :) I love that he can communicate so well, but there are times that it's so exhausting to hear the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and...(you get the idea). :) He's an insistent little fella.
I have some new videos to upload, but it's not working right now. So those will be for another day...
2 comments:
I can't wait for the videos! You have such a bright little boy there! Awesome skills and memory for such a tiny one!
Gotta love that boy. Is it too soon to be calling him "Sir Issac?" :)
Post a Comment