Saturday, January 16, 2010

Quick Update...

I am long overdue for more photos and video. UGH. Just wanted to get on here real quick to ask for prayer. We confirmed (with an x-ray) this week that Naomi has developmental hip dysplasia. I was born with it...so I know that it's hereditary. It's just a bummer that we didn't catch it sooner, as now we could potentially looking at her being in a cast for up to 12 weeks. We are REALLY hoping that she does not require surgery!!

We have very limited information about her specific condition (like how severe it is). But we are meeting with a pediatric orthopedic surgeon this next week to find out more. The timing is just a bummer, as she has been getting ready to crawl. I have a feeling this will set her back quite a bit...but I hope that her joyful little personality will just take it all in stride! :)

She has also finally cut two bottom teeth...so that's been fun! :) In Isaac news...he's just a VERY active toddler boy. He has really taken a liking to singing lately. SO sweet. And he's been working on learning his presidents (I think he knows about 15-20 of them now). He also loves singing his ABC's and counting to 10. I plan to start homeschooling (preschool) him next month after he is two!! I'm super excited about that!! :)

1 comment:

KathyC said...

You forgot to mention how much that boy likes to dance! All you have to do is start snapping your fingers and singing a tune, and he's "doin the Isaac," half jumping, half turning in circles, kicking out one leg more than the other. It's definitely something to see - and he does the same dance moves just about every time. We dance like Isaac around the house when the music is on. Oh, and I'm glad we figured out what "muffin-bread" is! hahahaha It figures John would call a dinner roll muffin-bread and Isaac would remember that! Just be glad that you found out about Naomi's hip now instead of later - granted, it would have been nice if she was a bit younger. Time will go quickly, just has it has with Isaac and she will be back to normal in no time!