Kevin and I were trying to have a conversation this evening and Isaac KEPT interrupting us. I tried explaining to him that I was talking to Daddy and I didn't want him to keep trying to talk over us. With each interruption, I grew in my frustration and finally told Isaac to just leave the room and play by himself. My tone was far from a loving one. Kevin reminded me that Isaac was just really wanting (and needing) some one-on-one attention, and that we could continue our conversation after he was in bed. A few minutes later, Isaac walked back in and without even glancing in my direction, said, "Excuse me, daddy, but will you please play spaceships with me?" Kevin looked at me with puppy dog eyes, as if to ask my permission. I smiled and said, "That sounds like fun!" Kevin agreed with excitement and got up to walk away with Isaac.
As they were walking away, without looking at me, Isaac waved his hand in my direction as he exclaimed, "And mommy...you can just talk to yourself...and Mona." I couldn't help but laugh out loud at his candor! And so there I sat, just me and Mona (our dog)...as my son happily played spaceships with his daddy. :) This kid has got some serious chops. Wonder where he got that from? :)
As they were walking away, without looking at me, Isaac waved his hand in my direction as he exclaimed, "And mommy...you can just talk to yourself...and Mona." I couldn't help but laugh out loud at his candor! And so there I sat, just me and Mona (our dog)...as my son happily played spaceships with his daddy. :) This kid has got some serious chops. Wonder where he got that from? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment