We spent some time this morning looking back through our blog book from 2009. I was showing the kids what mommy looked like when Naomi was in my belly, and spent time reminiscing about when they were both babies. It was a really precious time together. And then we came across a photo of Naomi with their great grandmother, who passed away last year. Isaac was infatuated with the photo and it sparked a most wonderful conversation. This kid is a deep well.
Isaac: "Who is that, mommy?"
Mommy: "That's your great grandma holding Naomi."
Isaac: "Well I want to go to her house."
Mommy: "Oh honey, we can't. She's not alive anymore."
Isaac: "Why not?"
Mommy: "Well because she died."
Isaac: "Why did she die? Did Satan kill her?"
Mommy: "Oh dear, NO! She just got old. And that's what happens when people get old."
Isaac: "But what about Satan? Where is he?"
Mommy: "He is far away from God, in a dark, lonely place."
Isaac: "Is that where great grandma is?"
Mommy: "No, I don't think so. We're pretty sure she's in Heaven, with God."
Isaac: "I wanna be in Heaven with God too!"
Mommy: "Well some day I hope you will. All of our bodies will die some day, but our souls live forever. And if you choose to follow God...if you have Jesus living in your heart, then when you die, you get to be with God forever in Heaven."
Isaac: (silent for a minute) "Well I want to follow God. But how do I get Jesus to be in my heart?"
Mommy: "You just have to ask him."
Isaac: "Like how?"
Mommy: "Like you just ask Jesus if He will live in your heart. And when you ask Him, He ALWAYS does!"
Isaac: "And then I will be with God forever when I die?"
Mommy: "Yep. That's right."
Isaac: (silent for a minute...then very softly) "Jesus, will you come into my heart?"
Mommy: (smiling)
Naomi: "Jesus, come into MY heart, too!"
Mommy: "And when Jesus lives in our hearts, He changes our hearts. He helps us to be kind and loving to everyone."
Isaac: "Hey Naomi - I'm going to choose to die so I can go to Heaven and be with God...and see great grandma!"
Mommy: "Well, buddy...I hope you don't die for a long time."
Isaac: "But I want to be with God and see great grandma!"
Mommy: "I know you do, sweetie. But did you know that God is already with us? We can be with Him here too. He's alive IN us!"
Isaac: "But what about great grandma?"
Mommy: "Well, we can look at pictures and remember her, and look forward to seeing her again one day."
The conversation went on and on like this. Lots of deep, thought-provoking questions from this little guy. He is fascinated with death and dying. And is now fascinated with the idea of Heaven. I wanted to record this conversation, as it was just so sweet and innocent. I love his heart and his desire to learn more about God. And to think...this is just the beginning. I look forward to many more beautiful conversations like these from this little man...he's helping me grow as well!
Isaac: "Who is that, mommy?"
Mommy: "That's your great grandma holding Naomi."
Isaac: "Well I want to go to her house."
Mommy: "Oh honey, we can't. She's not alive anymore."
Isaac: "Why not?"
Mommy: "Well because she died."
Isaac: "Why did she die? Did Satan kill her?"
Mommy: "Oh dear, NO! She just got old. And that's what happens when people get old."
Isaac: "But what about Satan? Where is he?"
Mommy: "He is far away from God, in a dark, lonely place."
Isaac: "Is that where great grandma is?"
Mommy: "No, I don't think so. We're pretty sure she's in Heaven, with God."
Isaac: "I wanna be in Heaven with God too!"
Mommy: "Well some day I hope you will. All of our bodies will die some day, but our souls live forever. And if you choose to follow God...if you have Jesus living in your heart, then when you die, you get to be with God forever in Heaven."
Isaac: (silent for a minute) "Well I want to follow God. But how do I get Jesus to be in my heart?"
Mommy: "You just have to ask him."
Isaac: "Like how?"
Mommy: "Like you just ask Jesus if He will live in your heart. And when you ask Him, He ALWAYS does!"
Isaac: "And then I will be with God forever when I die?"
Mommy: "Yep. That's right."
Isaac: (silent for a minute...then very softly) "Jesus, will you come into my heart?"
Mommy: (smiling)
Naomi: "Jesus, come into MY heart, too!"
Mommy: "And when Jesus lives in our hearts, He changes our hearts. He helps us to be kind and loving to everyone."
Isaac: "Hey Naomi - I'm going to choose to die so I can go to Heaven and be with God...and see great grandma!"
Mommy: "Well, buddy...I hope you don't die for a long time."
Isaac: "But I want to be with God and see great grandma!"
Mommy: "I know you do, sweetie. But did you know that God is already with us? We can be with Him here too. He's alive IN us!"
Isaac: "But what about great grandma?"
Mommy: "Well, we can look at pictures and remember her, and look forward to seeing her again one day."
The conversation went on and on like this. Lots of deep, thought-provoking questions from this little guy. He is fascinated with death and dying. And is now fascinated with the idea of Heaven. I wanted to record this conversation, as it was just so sweet and innocent. I love his heart and his desire to learn more about God. And to think...this is just the beginning. I look forward to many more beautiful conversations like these from this little man...he's helping me grow as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment