You bring SO much joy to my life. You are bubbly and oh so full of life. Spunky, boisterous, loud, silly, and sassy are just a few words we could use to describe you. You are incredibly smart and are talking more like a 3 or 4-year-old than the 2-year-old you are. It's still hard to understand what you say sometimes, but I've gotten pretty good at translating. You tend to speak in a very monotone, robotic voice. It's pretty funny.
Here are some recent quotes:
My eye is bothering me...I need a washcloth so I can wipe it off.
I'm pretending to sleep!
I don't want to go nigh-night, I just wanna play!
I don't like your food, mommy!
I'm ready to eat some breakfast.
I would like some chocolate too!
I want to take a shower right now.
Excuse me! I just farted!!
Oh no! A bad guy is coming!
I already ate my vitamin.
I don't wanna wear my boots in the car. I will take them off!
I wanna wear a pretty dress too!
I stand on the chair so I can reach it.
I wanna wear THIS jacket...can you help me put it on so I can outside to play? But I wanna zip it myself!
I taked off my diaper cause I have a stinky butt.
You are usually a very compliant and pleasant kiddo. You love smiling and saying "Hi" to everyone you see. Even the nurse at your doctor's appointment said, "Wow, I wish all of my 2-year-olds would be this good!" You did everything you were asked to do and with a HUGE smile.
| You are obsessed with taking off your pull-up and wiping yourself! |
You have recently entered into quite a challenging phase, as you have discovered the power of a chair. You are now getting into EVERYTHING. Most of which you should not. You are obsessed with mommy's purse and getting bubble gum. It's sometimes hard having older siblings who get things you can't.
You adore your siblings...even your new baby sister, Ruthie. You usually call her Roofie or Roopie. And ask to hold her all day long, every day. Generally speaking, you are so sweet and gentle with her. But you've had your moments of being rough too. Like the day you picked her up off of the recliner and threw her on the floor (at 2 weeks old). But you're learning quickly and sincerely adore her. :)
You are almost 35 inches tall and weigh exactly 26 pounds. That puts you in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Long and lean. :) And developing perfectly.
| At the doctor. |
You are growing into a bit of a picky eater lately, which hasn't been too fun. We're hoping it's just a phase. Your favorite foods are Mac n cheese, cereal, yogurt, and strawberries. You can't stand mashed potatoes or green beans. These days, you typically go to bed between 6:30 and 7:30, and sleep until about 6:30 or 7. And you are still napping once a day, for anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes.
| I could seriously kiss those sweet cheeks off!! :) |
One of my favorite things about you is how you love to sing. You always seem to have a song in your head. Whether it's blurting out "How I wonder what you are!" or my personal favorite..."HALLELUJAH!" It's always spontaneous and I think it's simply ADORABLE!! :)
| Trying to nurse YOUR baby! :) |
You love to be read to, and bring us books to read often. You LOVE playing in the water when we are able to swim. You're good at doing somersaults and can already ride a scooter. You don't enjoy wearing shoes or socks (you get that honestly). :) Overall, you are pretty much awesome. And I love that you are still a mommy's girl. :) Happy 2nd birthday my sweet, spunky Sarah bear!
| With cousin Kennedy...you guys LOVE each other and fight like siblings. :) |
| You don't know a stranger! :) |
| Stylin! |
| This is how we ride. :) |
| You are still very much a mommy's girl! |
| Sitting with your baby. |
| We haven't started potty-training for real, but you enjoy trying. |
| You LOVE animals! And were obsessed with this turtle at the nature center. |
| Snuggling up with baby sister. |
No comments:
Post a Comment