Monday, February 16, 2009

Busy, busy, busy....

That has been our life lately! Well...first of all, Isaac has been sick for the past two weeks straight. UGH. We found out on Wednesday that he had an ear infection. Since being on antibiotics, he's been doing MUCH better. Sick baby=tired momma! :) And also...snotty-nosed baby=no photos for awhile! But I finally got the camera back out today...the proof is below! :)

Also, my 21-year-0ld brother has officially moved in with us. We are helping him straighten out his life by providing food and shelter for him for free...but it comes with LOTS of guidelines. He had to quit smoking (cigarettes and drugs) before moving in. He had to give up his computer addiction (gaming). He has to work at least 40 hours a week (and right now, he's holding down TWO jobs, totalling 50-60 hours each week). He has to use all of the money he makes over the next two-three months to pay off debt. He is not permitted to have a social life outside for our family. Oh...and he has to go to church with us each week! ;)

Those are just a few of the MANY guidelines we have set for him. It's only been about two weeks since he's been here, but so far, I think it's going pretty well. It's definitely different having a guest in the house full-time...and feeding THREE adult mouths, instead of two, takes a bit more planning. We are really hoping to see his life turn around over the next few months and hopefully, with two jobs, he'll be able to afford his own place.

Other big news is that today we sold our Prizm and bought a minivan!! I know a lot of people who dread trading in that car for the minivan. I have been looking forward to this day for a LONG time. I have been giddy all day about it! :) It feels so official now...I'm a MOM! Hehe. We purchased a 2003 Honda Odyssey. I'm hoping that the Honda holds up to its name...and lasts us many years!

I don't have any photos of the new van, but here are a few of our little guy:

7 comments:

Tamara said...

gorgeous pictures as usual...
and what a cool thing to do for your brother! i will be praying for him and for you guys as you work to show him god's love.
glad isaac is feeling better--we've had stuff going around our house as well and it DOES make for a tired mama! i'm just hoping for a solid night's sleep again!

Helena and Elise said...

Hey Leslie, Thanks for sharing about your brother. I'll be praying for you and him.

Erin said...

Wow, you guys have had a lot going on! I'll pray for your brother- and for you guys as you surround and support him over the next few months. And hey-- congrats on your minivan!! I completely share your giddiness!! We just got back from our first big road trip with the two kids in ours and it was AWESOME. :)

Anonymous said...

Great update. Thankful your bro has family like you. Happy for the van... I secretly WANT a minivan too! I like the H. O.'s. Happy for you!

erin said...

hey chica. i feel like i haven't talked to u forever - guess it really hasn't been that long. yay about the minivan and glad to hear your bro got that 2nd job!! wow - i love the pics - particuarly the upside down one!! :)

KathyC said...

Great pics... wondering how you are going to keep him still for very long these days! He's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Love it