Sunday, September 27, 2009

BIG update, LOTS of pics!

Okay...so here it goes (as promised before the end of the weekend)...this is going to be LONG, since it's been awhile since I last updated. ;)
Let's see...where to start...well, Naomi is doing MUCH better. We have been praying so much for her healing, and after this past week's appointments with the physical and occupational therapists, we are AMAZED that she seems to be completely better! The therapists didn't know what to say. She is falling well within a normal range of motion and tonality. She isn't really stiff anymore!! PRAISE GOD!!!She is also a MUCH happier baby now. As with any baby at this stage, she LOVES her mommy. ;) On one hand, it makes me feel like a million dollars knowing I am this little sweetie's favorite person in the whole wide world. On the other hand, it gets quite tiring, since she prefers me to anyone else! :) She has started laughing and will coo and smile at just about anyone. She's QUITE social...and still tiny. She has also started rolling over from her back to belly and LOVES practicing this move.Just for comparison, at this same age, Isaac was 16lbs, 14oz...just about 17 lbs!! Naomi is JUST over 12lbs right now. :) She is still wearing 0-3 month clothes and I'm guessing she will for another month or so. Isaac was wearing 9-month clothing at this age!! I'm glad that my little girl is not as big as her older brother was! Hehe.So things are going remarkably well with Naomi. Isaac has also been doing well. He has his moments of toddler-ness (testing us with lots of "NO!" and whining). He is either hot or cold. He's either laughing hysterically (which everyone still says he has the best belly laugh) and super giddy, or he's quite moody. I think he's having fun exploring his little emotions these days. His best friend is still Mona...and even though he can be rough with her from time to time, she still loves him to pieces as well.Isaac continues to blow us away with his ability to remember things and repeat what he hears. He knows almost all of his shapes (yes, he can even identify and say, "octagon"), most animals and animal noises, all of his body parts, and some of his colors. When one of the therapists was out at our house last week, she actually thought he was 2-3 years old, based on how well he was communicating with her!! She was shocked that he was JUST a year and a half! :)We have been having fun with him lately by getting him to say funny words that most toddlers wouldn't say, like "margarita" (pronounced "mah-gah-wee-ta" by Isaac). Nana and Papa have also taught him to say "I'm the KING!" when he stands up on a chair. He says it with such gusto, while clenching his fists out in front of him. Makes us laugh every time...his favorite thing. The kid LOVES to make people laugh...and I must say, he's usually quite successful at it. :)Isaac is still putting EVERYthing into his mouth. I am constantly pulling sand, dirt, bugs, leaves, crayons, etc. from his mouth. I don't know what is so alluring about gross things, but he likes to put them in his mouth. I am looking forward to when he doesn't do this anymore so I can start doing more arts and crafts with him. He is just not ready for them yet. :)Isaac and Naomi are BOTH great sleepers...and for that I am SO thankful. Isaac especially will usually sleep in until at least 9 or 9:30 in the morning. He went through a stretch for a couple of weeks of sleeping in until between 10 and 11am!! WOW! He takes one long (2-3 hour) nap each day. Naomi is still quite unpredictable, but she seems to be like Isaac with sleep. YAY!! :)Anyway...I told you this was going to be a LONG one!! :) Thanks for reading through if you've made it this far! The photos that you've seen throughout this post were taken by another photographer (Amy Foltz of Clinton, IN). We did a little photography swap so we could get photos of our own families. I think we got some great shots of us and the kids. :) I'll leave you with one that I got of Isaac from that day too...

1 comment:

KathyC said...

Such cuties... you are truly blessed. I can't believe how RED Isaac's hair is getting! So, so cute.