Sunday, January 31, 2010

Still doing well!

Naomi just continues to amaze us! She is SUCH a little trooper! She has remained joyful throughout all of this. Though she has just started coming down with a cold of some sort, so we're hoping that goes away as quickly as it came on!! We found a kid's sofa-bed thing at a local thrift store, which is working perfectly. And one of Kevin's co-workers connected us with one of her friends whose baby also had hip dysplasia and was in a cast. Her friend has let us borrow a really neat chair/table/rocker that was made specially for a baby in a hip cast. SO cool. And Naomi loves it, too! :) I haven't gotten any photos of her in it yet, but here are a few photos from our week...
Did I mention that she's a happy baby? ;)

3 comments:

Sarah, Addison and Lillian said...

Naomi is so beautiful and it's great to see her smiling! I am happy she likes the chair. I hope it makes everything a little easier for you all!!

KathyC said...

She is such a cornball!

Erin said...

She's so joyful!! I'm glad this is going well for you.

I don't know if you knew this--Sam had to wear a helmet (for plagiocephaly) 23 hours a day for 3 months- we didn't have to make nearly as many accomodations as you have to with Naomi's cast, but I will tell you, two years later, it surprises us to remember that he EVER had it! Such a small blink of time. I hope it passes as quickly for you guys too.