We had Isaac's 2-year check-up today. He was a lot of fun, as he enjoyed having the freedom to walk around on his own (rather than being carried). Anyway...here are his stats:
weight: 28.5lbs (50th percentile)
height: 34 in (50th percentile)
So he's right on for his age!! :) Pretty cool. :) We got a prescription for a steroid cream to help with his eczema. Hope that'll bring him some relief, although he really doesn't seem too bothered by it. I think he's inherited his daddy's pain tolerance. :) When he got his shot today, he didn't even wince. Just watched the big needle poke his thigh like it was nothing. Crazy.
And I hope that his pain tolerance carries over to something else, if necessary. We are being referred to a urologist for Isaac. Since he was born, his penis has been retracted. Sorry if this is too much information for some of you!! :) But basically, instead of poking out like it's supposed to, the tip is hiding behind folds of skin. It's not a huge deal, but it's something that can lead to repeat infections and can make potty-training a challenge for us. I really have no idea if it's even something to worry about. But I've heard of instances where boys may have to be re-circumsized if it wasn't done properly the first time. We are *really* hoping that this isn't the case here. We'll find out more over the next few weeks!
Funny Isaac-isms from today:
Me: (talking to my mom on the phone) "Our appointment is at 3:45."
Isaac: (overhearing) "It's at 3-4-5.....6-7-8-9-10." :)
Me: "What are you going to say to the doctor?"
Isaac: "I'm gonna tell da doctow, 'Hi! I'm I-yeck!'" :)
At the doctor's office, there was another little girl waiting to be seen. She went up into a loft play area, and Isaac started following her. On the way up the stairs, he yells across the waiting room: "Mommy...I'm gonna go say peek-a-boo!" Got quite a few chuckles from everyone. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment