Tuesday, February 16, 2010

randomness...

So the biggest goings-on around the Ober home these days has been Isaac's desire to use the potty. I was (and AM) not ready for this!! MY plan was to wait until closer to his THIRD birthday to start this. But alas...HE is interested. He started out asking to go in the bathtub. He would stop in his tracks and say, "I have to go potty!" I'd say, "Okay...let's go." And then he'd add, "In da bafftub." Oh dear!

We made the mistake of letting his go in there a few times. It was most comfortable for him and he was actually going when he needed to! Progress, right!?! But weird, nonetheless. So now we've explained that we don't go potty in the bathtub...but rather, in the toilet. He doesn't like it, but he's getting used to it. He isn't comfortable going while sitting down OR standing up. He prefers to squat (which is why he loved the bathtub so much). :)

So anyway...he's only using the potty like this once or twice a day and doing the rest of his duties in his diaper throughout the day. We are considering going to full-time undies soon and just telling him that he's not allowed to pee or poop in his big boy undies. I just can't decide if he's ready for that or not. And I know that I am not!! Well...here's a photo of how Isaac uses the potty now:
And I feel the need to preface this next series of photos. I have had SEVERAL mommy friends (both in real life and on Facebook) comment on how beautiful Isaac & Naomi's eyes are. But then they follow-up with some comment about how I must Photoshop them to get them to look so blue!?! Soooooo...these next few photos of Isaac are barely edited. And I have done NOTHING to his eyes in them! It's all about the lighting. Their eyes really are THAT blue! AND I happen to know how to use God's natural light to bring it out in photographs. You will notice that Naomi's eyes don't look as blue in these photos...it's because the lighting wasn't the greatest. But had she been up near the window like Isaac, they would have looked just like his! :)

Okay...I'll step off my soapbox now! ;) And if you still don't believe that I haven't done anything to the photos...check out the video! Yep...his eyes are blue! :)

According to Nana & Papa, it's never too early...

He ASKED to wear mommy's glasses! I couldn't resist!! :)

And just two of miss Naomi...
And I'll leave you with a video of a typical conversation with Isaac:

1 comment:

Alice said...

Hehe, funny boy! I loved the video - all of it, but especially when he said he was Mona, hehe! ;) They do have such beautiful eyes! I can see that Naomi's are REALLY blue even without great light! Love her big smiles! What a pair of cuties! :)