Monday, April 19, 2010

Conversations I don't want to forget...

This post is just a collection of conversations and other things that Isaac has been doing/saying lately. This age is SO much fun as they are just learning SO much. I try to write them down as we hear them...so here goes!

Funny ways he says some words:
bicycle: bi-kissel
anything starting with sp, uses an f instead: like foon (spoon), fin (spin), fanking (spanking), fider (spider)
for awhile he said "may-o-mee" instead of "nay-o-mee" for Naomi's name.

Eating out, he dropped some food on the floor. He quickly said, "Uh oh!" Then paused for a moment before saying, "That's okay, we'll just leave it for the dogs." :)

Daddy: Isaac, can you tell Mommy where we were trying to throw the balls?
Isaac: We were trying to throw the balls to the MOON!

Isaac: I was crying so hard in my bed.
Mommy: I know you were. Why were you so upset? Did you have a bad dream?
Isaac: Yes. I did have a bad dream.
Mommy: What did you dream about?
Isaac: I was dreaming about two bees. They were flying away in the grass. And they were going to get me. And they would hurt me.

Seriously? Isn't he too young to be having nightmares? UGH!! He's also been waking up from naps in absolute hysteria lately. It's like a night terror...only during the day. SO weird. I have NO idea how these started!

Last week, Isaac watched another child doing something silly in front of his Nana, and saw that she was laughing with him. So Isaac went to do the same thing, saying, "Do you remember when he did this? Are you gonna laugh with me, Nana?"

Mommy: Isaac, what's the opposite of Yes?
Isaac: The opposite of yes is NO! :)

Isaac: I have a boogie in my nose. I'm gonna get it!
Mommy: Would you like a tissue?
Isaac: No thank you. I'm gonna put it in my mouth!

Answers negative questions correctly. For example:
Isaac: I don't want to read that book.
Mommy: You don't want to read this one?
Isaac: Yes.
Mommy: You do want to read it?
Isaac: No, I don't want that one. I want to read THIS one.

So if our statement is accurate (You don't want to ___?), he always answers "Yes" if it is accurate and "No" if it is not. Pretty cute...confusing at times...but cute. :)

Today, while eating goldfish crackers..."I'm eating my crackers why I look at it (the box). Yum, yum, yum...I'm feeding him some crackers. I'm feeding the big fish the little ones. I think he likes them!"

He's also been using please and thank you A LOT lately. This morning, as I put his bib on, he said, "Thank you, mommy. Thank you for putting my bib on me!" Comments like these seriously melt my heart!

He is just SO matter-of-fact. If you ask him anything, he'll usually answer in a complete sentence. For instance, I'll ask, "Isaac, would you like to go outside to play?" He'll answer, "Yes, mommy. I WOULD like to go outside to play." And then often he'll add something afterward like, "But first we should get my shoes on!" :)

He has started praying before we eat (occasionally). It usually goes something like this: "Thank you for this food. And thank you for God! Amen!" :)

He's also been identifying lots of feelings lately. Like saying, "I was sad at church." or "I was being grumpy." He is very aware of how he's feeling and has been exploring many of the more negative emotions lately. He has been SUPER whiny and grumpy lately. And we're hoping that this ugly phase will pass SOON!

1 comment:

KathyC said...

How about when he states in advance what his mood will be before arriving? ("I am going to be shy.") LOL - what a character! And such a smartie!