Then both of the kiddos got a virus that manifested in a rash and diarrhea. Oh joy! (see the photos below of Naomi's face) So the past week, we've been keeping it really low-key. Several weeks ago, we enrolled Isaac in Lil Kickers - a soccer league for toddlers! :) I think he enjoyed it, but we were less than satisfied with the quality of the program (or maybe just the teacher)...and so we pulled him out after four classes. He hasn't mentioned it once since! Go figure!
Naomi is a speed-crawler these days and still shows zero signs of walking any time soon. She can stand along furniture (and LOVES to climb on everything)...but can't stand very long without support and hasn't come close to taking a first step. It's not a big deal, though, as she is probably going to be about 3 months behind, since she was in a cast for 3 months. So that would put her more at where a typical 10-month-old would be. I'm not too worried.
Isaac continues to be quite the little communicator. He is SO matter-of-fact when he speaks. He makes us smile and laugh OFTEN. :) Here are some of his recent sayings:
"I'm sorry May-o-mee...I didn't mean to hurt you!" (we hear this A LOT)
He still calls his bicycle a "bi-kissel" :)
When I dress him in nice shorts, rather than gym shorts, he says, "Oooooh! These are FANCY shorts, Mommy!"
If we ask him not to do something, he'll say, "But I DO want to do that."
Instead of just answering yes to a question, he'll say, "I sure do!"
"I crap (crack) you up!"
"That was so kind of you, Mommy! Thank you for getting a snack for me!"
"Right now I'm working on my poopy, Mommy. It's okay. I'm fine with it."
Me: "Come here, sweet baby." Isaac: "Mommy, I not a baby!" Me: "Well then what are you?" Isaac: "I'm a big boy." Seriously? Already? :(
And just to show how matter-of-fact he can be, he told me this yesterday morning while we were sitting at the table for breakfast:
"First I'm gonna take a bite of this oatmeal. Then I'm gonna get down off this chair so I can play with May-o-mee."
Hehe. He LOVES to narrate whatever is going on. Pretty cute. He also loves to tell me what Naomi is thinking and feeling. "I think she wants her mommy."
She is pretty good about letting us know when she wants or needs something. She is LOUD and screams to get our attention. This is new to us, as Isaac seemed to be a lot more mellow. Maybe it's just the difference between boys and girls...or first and second born? Who knows!
Another new thing in our home...we started potty-training. And quit after a few days. He is completely capable, but entirely unwilling...and therefore, just not ready. But here's our problem: he will NOT keep his stupid diaper on. We have tried duct tape, tight-snapped clothes, etc. He is a little Houdini...and gets it off no matter what we do! Not only does he take it off...he enjoys peeing all over everything. His favorite place to mark is the sheets in his crib! UGH! He'll go pee every time we put him on the potty. No big deal. He's even pooped on it a few times. But he just isn't motivated by anything to not go in his underwear. It's SO frustrating. And I'm SO over it. I don't want to potty-train him right now. But he's kinda making it necessary.
Anyway...that pretty much sums up what we've been up to for the past month. They LOVE playing outside...both in the water and the sandbox. Sand is my nemesis. It's everywhere and I can't stand it! :) But they love it...so it remains. :) Here are some photos from the past month...

(Yes...she eats it just like Isaac did!)

















2 comments:
You've had a heck of a month girlie! Hope everyone is better now!!
Love,
Auntie Jen
I can't get over how much Isaac looks like Adam, especially after you cut his hair! And that picture of Kevin and Isaac walking the dog in hard hats "crapped me up!"
Post a Comment