height: 29 inches
weight: 18lb11oz
head circumference: 17.75 inches
She is doing great on all levels, EXCEPT her growth. She was on a good growth curve until she began eating solid foods. And since then, she keeps dropping lower and lower. She is just under the 3rd percentile for weight, and around the 10th for her height. So the doctor collected a urine sample (via catheterization...NOT fun), and we made a quick trip to the hospital for LOTS of blood work. They are most concerned about the possibility of celiac disease. I have NO CLUE what's up with her. I just know that she's a little different. She will NOT drink milk. She throws up when she eats certain foods, for no apparent reason. And she gets really cranky after eating others. But overall, she eats VERY well. She can sometimes have a bloated belly, which looks funny on such a tiny little thing. She's also very hyper-mobile, meaning that her joints bend WELL beyond the normal range of motion.
Anyway...I'll update when I know more about the results from the blood work. It would be nice to at least have some answers to this mystery. But if all comes back normal, then perhaps we just have a little lady! Who knows...maybe she's destined to be an gymnast!! ;) Hehe.
Here's a list of some of her current words (though I may be missing some, as she's adding to them daily): mommy, daddy, isaac, nana, papa, doggie, ball, bite, bike, mine, shoes, eat, cup, owie, outside, nigh-night, no, kiki, yeah, baby, banana, more, go, bubble, water, and phone. And she's signing: more, please, and all done
1 comment:
:( keep me posted. love you guys!
Post a Comment