Sunday, August 29, 2010

I guess I should blog about this too...

I've been living with a little secret for the past month or so. At the end of July, we found out that we were expecting again. We were SO excited, as we have been trying for several months now. We were planning to wait until we confirmed that it was a viable pregnancy (by seeing/hearing a heartbeat) before sharing the news with EVERYone. But sadly, this little one didn't make it very long. We went in around 7 weeks, and the ultrasound showed that we were two weeks behind...which I pretty much knew was impossible. But we still had hope, and went back for another ultrasound a week later. So I would have been just about 8 weeks along, but it showed virtually NOTHING growing inside my womb. The yolk sac had just about disappeared. We are heart-broken. There is nothing quite like being filled with such hope and joy when finding out that there is a new little life growing within...only to have it ripped away. *sigh*

I had a D&C this past Wednesday, and am recovering quite well. Still feeling a bit crampy...but I'm managing. I have good days and bad days, emotionally. But we are not discouraged and look forward to trying again. I guess I'll just have a host of little angels to welcome me when I die! ;) Since this is our third miscarriage, we are technically eligible for genetic testing. We are still undecided as to whether we will go through with it or not. Part of me likes the idea of having some answers, but then another part of me just wants to be thankful for the two little miracles that we DO have...and just forget about it! :)

Anyway...just thought I'd take a minute to share a little about what's been going on with us.

No comments: