Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Naomi 18-months (and other updates)

Naomi had her 18-month check-up last week. Everything looked great. She's growing! :) She's 20lbs, 8oz, and is 31 inches tall. That puts her in the 5th percentile for weight, and the 30th percentile for height. :) The doctor was very pleased with her language development as well. She's just recently started putting together two and three-word phrases. I feel like Isaac was speaking in paragraphs at this age (and perhaps he was)...but it's important not to compare the two of them and just realize that she's doing really well for where she's at! :) She is learning more and more every day and adding to her vocabulary daily. She has been VERY obsessed with her "baby" lately. But really...it's any baby. She's very maternal. ;) The other day, she was struggling to reach the manger in our nativity scene, and she was yelling, "Baby...JESUS! Baby...JESUSSSS!!" We got a good laugh out of that one! :) She loves reading books and LOVES playing with her big brother! She's a GREAT eater, but still cannot tolerate rice (very strange)...and her favorite is macaroni and cheese. :) That's about it for my update on Naomi...

I also got a call back from MY doctor regarding the results from pathology (from the D&C). The results are negative for molar tissue!! Woohoo!! So now I have to do weekly blood draws for the next month, and then monthly draws for six months. We'll also be started on hormonal birth control to ensure that this doesn't happen again. And in the meantime, since I won't be pregnant or nursing for the next year, I am making some BIG plans for myself!! :) I am thinking about celebrating my 30th birthday with a road trip with some good friends...and I think I'm also going to begin training for a triathlon this next year!! :) I'm super pumped about these plans!! :)

Here are some random photos from the past few weeks. I have SEVERAL more...I really need to catch up!! :) These first two are just up here so I will remember this time. They have just recently really started playing well together. They LOVE playing under blankets (even though someone usually ends up crying). Oh...and notice the presence of "baby" in so many of these! :)



























And some from Isaac's Thanksgiving program...










And finally, a couple of Isaac's window artwork...



No comments: