Monday, November 29, 2010

Here we go again...

I had a follow-up ultrasound last week (Tuesday), which showed very little growth and no heartbeat. The doctor called me and apologized for my loss. I was still clinging to some bit of hope, so I requested additional bloodwork to confirm the results of the u/s. My labwork came back today showing that the hormone levels are VERY low and are decreasing. We are having another miscarriage. I would be eight weeks pregnant this week, but the baby stopped developing sometime before last week. I'm not bleeding or anything and my body still feels pregnant.

Due to the history of molar pregnancy, they have scheduled me for another d&c for tomorrow morning. We won't hear back the results from pathology regarding whether there is molar tissue again for another couple of weeks. It would be highly unlikely for that to happen. But stranger things have happened (like....oh...say...getting pregnant while preventing). ;)

I've been awfully sad over this loss. But I still have lots of joy flowing out of me as well. I have two little miracle babies that I get to kiss and hug on every day! :) I'll post more when I know more about all of this stuff.

2 comments:

erin said...

so crazy had saddness and joy can co-exist! love u L! and thrilled u have miracle babies! :)

Kate said...

I don't know how I started reading your blog (a follower of a follower of a follower) but anyway, I so enjoy the pictures of your children and am so sorry for your loss. Know that someone in Tennessee/Kentucky is praying for you!