Just a short one for now...
So we've been having more and more break-throughs with Isaac's behavior lately. He can still be challenging at times, don't get me wrong. But as each day goes by, I feel like something is actually starting to "click" for him. For example...today at lunch, for some odd reason, he thought it would be funny to conk me in the nose with his dirty fork. I was not ready for it and it actually hurt me. I reacted more harshly than I'd like to admit, exclaiming that that was NOT a good choice and that we don't hit. He laughed and continued acting out of control, so I had him go sit in time-out for 3 minutes. He walked, teary-eyed to the bench and sat there quietly. When the timer went off, I told him he could come back to join us for lunch. He walked right up to me, gave me a hug, and UNPROMPTED (this is huge), he said, "I'm sorry for hitting you with my fork, mommy." And I could tell he totally meant it! Wow! Something we're doing just MIGHT be working!! :) I thanked him for apologizing and let him know that I forgave him. The rest of lunch went wonderfully.
I have some new photos and stories to tell, but it's getting late and this tired mama needs her sleep! :) More later...hopefully sooner than later! ;)
1 comment:
sweet! that's fantastic leslie!
Post a Comment