Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mimi and Ike

Naomi is in that SUPER fun stage of learning SO much SO fast! She is adding to her vocabulary daily...putting together sentences (although still quite choppy). She makes us laugh with how she talks...sometimes it can be really quiet and sweet (what you'd expect from such a little peanut). But most of the time, she speaks with such gusto! She calls herself "mimi" and while she used to say Isaac's name with perfect clarity, she now calls him "ike." Here's a little example of her telling on Isaac: "MOMMY! IKE! Hit. Mimi. Mommy. IKE! Hit. MIMI! Mimi. Cry. (pronounced without the "r" sound, of course)" :) Her sentences are just so choppy and forceful. SO funny! :)

Some other cute Naomi sayings include: "C'mon, Mommy. Let's go!" Or if I ask her if she's ready to go to bed, she'll say, "No nigh-night...I play!" And if she wants something, this little lady has learned VERY quickly to use the word, "PEEEEZ!" (please) when she asks for ANYthing. "Wadoo. PEEZ. Mommy! PEEZ. Have. Wadoo!" (Wadoo=water). :) She's also been surprising me with her ability to count already. She can count very clearly to ten.

Isaac has been going through a stage in which is enjoys playing the "bad guy." I was a little freaked out about it at first, but then I realized that it is SO inborn of most little boys to want to fight. God created them to be WARRIORS! And that he is! Now I just need to harness that nature and let him use it for good! Hehe. He has also started asking "WHY?" constantly...and we've also been noticing quite a bit of lying starting to creep in.

These two can be bet friends at times, and the worst enemies at others. Such is the nature of siblings, I suppose! :) I love it when they are sweet with one another, and pretty much lose my mind when they are not. I cannot count the number of times we talk about being kind and choosing love and making good choices. Ha! But alas...they are toddlers! And oh so selfish. One of these days, I hope to look back at this time and laugh at the silliness of it all. (Heck, I already do some days!!)

We are SO over winter right about now. C'mon spring! Anytime you're ready...we're waiting for you!! :) These kids just NEED to get outside to play! Thankfully, we've recently signed up for a YMCA membership (or as Isaac puts it: "the MCY"). :) We've REALLY enjoyed the opportunities to get out and let them run and play (or even swim).

I have LOTS of new photos to post, but I'll leave with just a few for now...(I forgot to make them bigger...sorry!)


OH...and totally forgot to update: Naomi's MRI came back completely normal!! WOOHOO! SO there's nothing going on within her brain, which is good. She's been doing a lot better, too. Although she now has another nasty cold (with fever) and just threw up again this morning. UGH! Hopefully we'll be through this all very soon!! :)

2 comments:

erin said...

love it - so cute how she's mimi and he's ike :)

janmneal said...

I love this too. These might be the nicknames that stick for the rest of their lives...adorable!