Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oh Happy Day...

It's Thursday. That means it's one of my "easy" days. The older two go to preschool on these days. And I get a little break. Some days. Today that wasn't the case. Sarah woke up earlier than normal. And aside from being in her car seat to and from taking the kids to school, and to a breastfeeding support group, she has been in my arms the ENTIRE day. She finally went down for a nap around 4pm. And I am SO tired.

Breastfeeding support group sounds kind of funny, huh? Really, I just go to find out how much she weighs and how much she is taking in during her feedings. It's pretty cool, actually. She's about 13.5lbs, by the way. :) My good friend and neighbor goes too, and we put our little ones side-by-side for a photo op this morning. This little guy is two weeks older than Sarah! :) Aren't they SUPER cute?!?
We went to Chick-Fil-a after school today. The kids had fun. But I had issues with Naomi in the play place. She climbed up, but would NOT climb down. Another mom helped her down, so I told her to stay off of it unless she wanted to climb down herself. She went up again, and climbed down successfully. No problem! Then, conveniently, when it was time to leave, she would not come down on her own. Sarah was screaming her little head off (hungry and tired), and I kept asking her to come down. Finally, my sister-in-law went up to get her. I was SO frustrated with her. Had Sarah not been flipping out, I could have made a lesson out of it. Maybe I could have bought her a milkshake and started drinking it myself. And if she chose not to come down, then she'd just miss out on a yummy treat. I just didn't have the ability to do something like that because baby #3 was throwing a major fit on me! Ha!

So then, on the way home, with Sarah screaming in her car seat, and the older two arguing in the back, I went to grab my just-filled lemonade/fruit punch drink. The lid wasn't on tight, and the ENTIRE thing fell and spilled into my lap while driving. Niiiiiiice. I sat there with freezing cold, sticky liquid soaking my pants and underwear. I wanted to cry. But instead, decided to laugh. :)
Then, I put the older two in their rooms for quiet time, but they both fell asleep (hallelujah!). And during my "break" I got to clean the car. :) When things don't quite go as planned in my days, I have the same song go through my mind..."Oh Happy Day!!" :) Love it! 

No comments: