Monday, January 28, 2008

fake babies and car seats...

So in order to acclimate Mona to our soon-to-be new routine of walking into the house with a car seat in tow, I came up with an idea. Every time that we leave and return, we are getting into the habit of carrying the car seat to and from the car. To make it even a little more realistic, I decided to stuff some cloth diapers into a sleeper and hat to make it look like there is actually a baby sitting in the seat. It looks strangely realistic and is actually a bit weird. The good news, though, is that after the first couple times with large amounts of sniffing and jumping, now Mona pays zero attention to the seat. Pretty impressive. I know, I know...just wait until there's a screaming, wiggling little baby in there! Haha. It'll be quite funny to see her reaction when she discovers that the little baby-shaped thing is a real, live baby for the first time! We should get it on video. Anyway...here's a pic in case you aren't able to picture what I'm talking about:

3 comments:

Rachel said...

great idea for silly hyper dogs (not that your dog is silly and hyper -- but mine sure is)

Paula and Jamson said...

that's a great idea. of course, with our dog, we don't need to do this, but we actually have done research on how to acclimate our cats with the babies. we're hoping to set up one of the cribs this weekend so that we can train them not to jump in it.

amo said...

Leslie, if I didn't know you better I would think you were going a little crazy.... he he.

Not ever having a dog myself I do not really get this. . . but I guess my main question is - - do you take the dog with you most places? Otherwise, how would she know that you had a kid in the car??