Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We're almost there!!!

So I had my 35-week appointment this morning. And it was full of shocks. Here's why:

On the scale: expecting to have gained 3+ lbs...actually only gained 0.5 lb (in two weeks)...even got a "kudos" from the nurse
Blood pressure: expecting to be higher than normal (have been swelling a bit lately)...but it was actually 96/64..."nice and low"
Internal exam: expecting to find that I am all closed up, with baby not engaged at all...but actually found that I am 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and baby is at -2 station (head down, ready to go)!!! For more info on what "stations" mean go here: http://xrl.us/stations. And here's an illustration of a baby at a -2 station:
Wow...I was/am in complete shock. Now, I do realize that I could still go another 4-5 weeks with these stats. So I am still not getting my hopes up for going early. However, when the midwife mentioned that he could be here in a couple of weeks...I almost freaked out! I'm SO not ready!! This is getting so real. AH!!!

No comments: