Thursday, June 5, 2008

4-month stats

Isaac had his 4-month check-up yesterday, and he is a healthy baby boy! He weighed in at 16 lbs, 14 oz. (85%) and was 25.5 inches long (70%). He has only grown an inch in two months, but has gained 3lbs...making him a bit on the chunky side. The doctor said he looks great, though...very typical of a healthy, breast-fed baby. :o) Also, I am proud to report that he no longer has an itty-bitty head! He now measures right in the 50th percentile (which is exactly average for his age). :o)

And Isaac was a champ with his shot! He cried for just a moment, but quieted right when I picked him up. Such a big boy! Most babies get FOUR shots at their 4-month appointment. But we are doing an alternative vaccine schedule, in which he never gets more than two vaccinations at once. He got two yesterday, but one of them was oral. I can't imagine giving him so many at once!

And I'm glad that we have a pediatrician who also believes that it is important to wait to introduce solid foods until 6 months. I can't believe that's only 2 months away!! Time is flying by (and moving slowly all at the same time)! Hehe. I LOVE this boy. And I am loving my new job as mommy! Thank You, Lord!

No comments: