Thursday, July 3, 2008

Five months ago today...

Five months ago today our life changed forever. Five months ago today we met the most precious little man we have ever met. We fell in love with this little human...this perfect creation. (Okay, so he's not perfect...but he's perfect for us!) Our child. Our son. I can't believe it has already been FIVE months. He is growing up so quickly. Teething. Rolling over. Starting to push up to crawl. Grabbing for toys. Sitting up on his own. He is developing into a little person right before our eyes!

I am trying with all my heart to cherish every moment. And I am caught right in between wanting him to stay little forever and looking forward to his next phase. I think maybe that's called contentment. I never knew I could love someone so effortlessly. He seriously lights up my world. And not a day has gone by that I have not praised God for this wonderful son of ours. As it says in Psalms 127:3, "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord." How true this is! Isaac is SUCH a blessing to us. After five short months, we cannot even imagine life without him.

Happy 5-month Birthday, sweet pea! You're the BEST!

No comments: