Monday, July 28, 2008

Long time no blog!

It has been WAY too long since I've updated!! We have been quite busy lately in the Ober family...I will update at a later time as to WHY we've been so busy. But for now...you'll just have to take my word for it! ;) Isaac has been doing pretty well. He is growing up so fast. His cute little voice has been changing lately (more raspy and cracking). It is just adorable. Though he still isn't officially crawling, he has figured out how to move around. He ROLLS all over the place. And he still pushes up on his hands and knees (and sometimes feet), but can't figure out how to move his arms to make himself move. I'm okay with this, because once he does figure it out, my job is going to get A LOT more challenging. I'm sure he is going to be into everything!!

We have tried giving him solid foods (baby food) a couple of times. He actually seemed to get what he was supposed to do with it (chew and swallow), but he doesn't really care for it very much, which I think is perfectly normal. We've given him rice cereal and avocado. We've only tried it. We're not on a routine with it or anything. I am hesitant to really start, because once I do, there's no going back! I kind of like the convenience of breast-feeding. No preparation. No clean-up. And it's ALWAYS available!! :) The reason we decided to start trying the baby food is that he has been really grabbing for our food and drinks lately. He seems to really understand the concept of eating and drinking. In fact, if we give him a cup, he grabs it with both hands, and lifts it to his mouth, tips his head back, and takes a drink. Maybe it's just instinct, or maybe he is one observant little dude. Either way...it's pretty cool.

Here's a video of his first experience with solid foods (rice cereal):

And here are some recent pics:

3 comments:

KathyC said...

He is so darned cute! Good luck with the solids... in moderation in time! Isaac sure looks like he knows what he's doing! He's getting so big!!

erin said...

hehe - adorable! have u figured out when u want to come over?

Erin said...

Aw...baby faces smeared with cereal are some of the cutest things out there!!