Monday, September 8, 2008

photography...

For those of you who didn't know, I have been getting HUGELY interested in photography. I've been learning a lot about how the camera works...what it takes to start a business...etc. As I have been sharing my photos of Isaac with people, I keep getting comments like, "Wow...you should become a professional photographer." It definitely feels nice to get such great feedback for my photos and has been a wonderful encouragement to me.

I have started buying stuff (backgrounds, props, etc)...as I have been daydreaming of doing this full-time in the somewhat near future. However, becoming so engrossed in this new hobby of mine, I have realized that it has taken away from my first and most important job: being a stay-at-home mom for my little guy!

So....while I am still going to keep snapping photos of him and practicing this hobby...I am going step off of the fast-track to starting a business for now. For the next 5-10 years, my job is to raise up our children, teaching them, playing with them, caring for them...full time. While I know some moms who can do that AND work full-time...I am not one of those people. I am not good at dividing my time. I get exhausted too easily...and when I get exhausted, I shut down. :)

With that all said, here is the latest batch of photos with some new props and a new background. I will be returning the teacup...as it was not cheap, and well...Isaac didn't really fit in it so well. Hehe. Anyway...here they are!

Isaac says: "Enough photos, Mommy. I'm done!"

5 comments:

KathyC said...

LOL... that last one cracked me up! You do take wonderful pics and have such an eye for what makes a good picture - you don't necessarily have to do this as a business. Keep it as a hobby and be creative with what you use for props. I can't imagine trying to run a business with a baby around. There is so much paperwork that goes with a business that (I've heard) it makes the business not so much fun anymore. Just enjoy being Isaac's mom, being able to be at home and being able to take fantastic pictures (and sharing them with US)!

KathyC said...

WELL! That's quite a change! It's very "bright & cheery!"

Leslie Ober said...

Hehe...yeah...I decided it need a little facelift. :)

Mindy said...

I should put you in contact with two of my friends, both started their own photography business after becoming mommies! Let me know and I'll send them/you an email.

Mindy (armywife0712-from FF)

amo said...

that last photo is really funny. i love how he is raising his eyebrow.