Saturday, January 3, 2009

11 months old!!

I can't believe that in exactly ONE month, our little guy is going to be ONE year old!! Whoa! Where did the time go? He doesn't seem big enough to be a toddler. Although we are getting more and more comments about how he is beginning to look less like a baby and more like a young boy.

We took him out to dinner with us the other night (which we don't do very often). He does remarkably well at restaurants...and this night was no exception. He just observes everything going on around him. And lots of people ooh and ahh at him, while he just stares at them inquisitively. He is a great eater (now that he's feeling better), and therefore NONE of his food EVER lands on the floor. I better knock on wood for that comment! ;) He hasn't yet figured out that he can throw his food. I am pleased with this lack of knowledge, and I'd be quite fine if he never does figure that out!!

Anyway...on our way out of the restaurant, an older couple, perhaps in their 70's, said, "You've got one cute little guy there. And he's observant too...we saw him watching everything around him." They went on to talk more about him being observant...to which I added, "And he can be quite a serious little guy...just takes everything in." The woman followed with, "Yes, but he seems like a happy baby, and you can tell he's well cared for."

We thanked them and walked to our car. How's THAT for affirmation that I'm doing my job well? Hehe! :) That was such a sweet comment. I always feel like strangers think Isaac is an unhappy baby because he always looks so serious. He is happy. Don't get me wrong. You've heard his laughter! BUT...when it comes to people he doesn't know...he will stare them up and down with not so much as a hint of a smile. I always feel the need to explain to them..."don't worry...he's just a serious baby!" :) But apparently...that's not how he comes off to all people! Whew!

Anyway...here are a couple more recent pics of my 11-month-old boy! He wouldn't give ME a smile for a single shot. So these would have to do...

3 comments:

erin said...

happy 11 months isaac! leslie that is awesome - i'm glad you got that affirmation :) love the pictures too!!!

janmneal said...

wow, he's just plain gorgeous, especially with that blue background.

KathyC said...

So precious... you should try to match the background with his eye color... he's such a pretty baby. I need another Isaac fix.