Sunday, April 26, 2009

almost 33 weeks...

Can you say HOLY BELLY!?! Hehe. I am feeling GINORMOUS these days. And managing a squirrely little 14-month old boy has grown to be QUITE the feat. I can still pick him up, but it doesn't come without some pulling and pain in the back. And we finally decided to start getting things in order to prepare for little miss Naomi's arrival (which could be in about FOUR weeks!). Time has just FLOWN by with this pregnancy.

Last time, I could have told you exactly how pregnant I was and exactly how the baby was growing at any given time. I was submerged in baby books, learning everything I could about the little life growing inside of me. This time is SO different. I have given very little thought or prayer to this precious girl growing inside of me. I haven't day-dreamed as much about her arrival or what she'll look like. I haven't spent time wondering about what her future holds or what kind of person she will be.

I did all of these things with Isaac. And I've heard that this is normal. But wow, the feelings of guilt can be overwhelming at times. It leaves me wondering...am I capable? To raise and nurture more than one child? To stretch my mind and heart to care for another living, breathing baby? Wow. And I feel busy NOW!?! One thing I have to keep reminding myself is that people do this ALL the time. I was even 16 months apart from my sister. If everyone else can do it and survive...then so can I! ;)

Despite these little feelings of doubt (and they are little), I am most definitely feeling excited. Words cannot begin to describe the love I already feel for this precious life growing inside of me. Actually brings tears to my eyes to think of it. But I also cry when I think about the impending changes that are about to take place....mostly wondering how it will affect my relationship with Isaac. Will he still be my sweet baby boy? Will he feel slighted? Will he grow to be jealous? Will he understand what's going on? Oh man...when I think about these things, I get so sad. So I just don't think about them very often. Hehe.

Anyway...geez...this turned into a long post. Sorry! Didn't expect to unload all of these hormone-crazed feelings on you! Thanks for reading! On a fun note, that background in the photos above is a wall in Naomi's room!! The other three walls in the room are the same color as the beige square seen in the photos. We've finished painting and are just waiting for the furniture to arrive. I'll post some photos when it's all done. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' this one's gonna be a 10 pounder!!!! Yee Haw!

Love,
Auntie Jen

Anonymous said...

Oh.....and I LOVE the color blocks! BEAUTIFUL!!!! :)

Again,
Auntie Jen

Anonymous said...

Great job on the room!

I totally feel you on the feelings of almost forgetting about baby #2 and feeling totally guilty for it. I am just so distracted and this pregnancy is so different. I am really excited to see baby face to face! Thanks for making me feel normal!

And, it just looks like you stuck a basket ball under your shirt! Crazy! Super cute, too :)

KathyC said...

I didn't realize how big the blocks would be on the wall in Naomi's room. It really turned out beautimous... much better than the "swatch" you showed me. Of course, it looks perfectly painted. The white furniture will look great in there! I had a dream you had Naomi very very early... like very soon. And it sure looks like you need to have her soon!! :)

Lisa said...

What a fun room! You are one creative momma!

Erin said...

I LOVE those painted blocks! Wow- bet that took some patient measuring! But she'll be just entranced, won't she. How fun. You look fabulous! I can't believe you're almost at the end.

Not too long before Sam was born I felt the same way- just sad that our little family of 3 was changing and worried about how it would all play out....even while being thrilled about him coming. I guess any sort of change, no matter how positive, brings with it a loss of something else. NOW I get teary being grateful that they have each other! I'm gearing myself up to go through the same cycle of emotions this fall before #3 is born. Ha!

KathyC said...

I keep coming back to these pics because I really like the way that wall looks. So now I have to know -was this project "Leslie" planned out - like, every color has a place? Or was it random? Did you use tape (I thought you said you did not)? How did you pick out these colors? How long did it take? Was it difficult? Would you do it again? Does Isaac like it? Does he say "szzzzat?" Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Leslie you look great! I remember bawling my eyes out after Collin was born asking the nurse I already have 1 baby, how am I going to love this one as much? Those gushy feelings eventually came, not as soon as with Trace, but around 4 months, I started to be aware that I had another newborn to love. I know that sounds scary, but it is reality and very normal I promise you. God will enable you do to it hour by hour.

Kristy H.