I had my 36-week appointment this morning. And I am excited to announce that Naomi is working her way out!! :) The doctor went ahead and scheduled the induction for 7am on June 5th, but she HIGHLY doubts that I'll even come close to that date!!
This morning, I was 2-3 cm dilated and 70% effaced...and she is head down, ready to go!! This is right about how far I was when I went into labor with Isaac (at 37 weeks, though). So my body is doing its work...preparing the way! And boy can I feel it! Each day, I have at least a couple hours of discomfort and some pain associated with mild contractions. But at least it's encouraging to know that my body is working toward getting ready for the BIG day!! The more work it does now, the less time I'll be in active labor! Woo hoo!! :)
It's just so crazy knowing it could be any day now. I am SO afraid that I am going to wait too long before heading to the hospital (which is a good 25 minute drive, given it's not during rush hour). We are praying for wisdom and for comfort in knowing that God's timing is perfect. He already knows the exact hour she'll arrive. How cool is THAT? :) Wouldn't it be nice if He made that knowledge available to us? ;) Hehe.
Anyway...we are super excited and are really looking forward to meeting this precious little girl! I'll do my best to post an update when she arrives, but last time it took me a few days! :) So please bare with me!
2 comments:
Let's see....I predict June 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th. LOL! I'm really bad at this game!!
I LOVE the nursery and look forward to meeting Naomi. That will probably be the next time I get to see you!!! WOO HOO!!!!
Love,
Auntie Jen
Leslie,
So excited for you! I am guessing May 28th. :) Enjoy and savor these last few days with just having Isaac all to yourself. Things will change so quickly. YOU can do it!!!
Love,
Kristy
Post a Comment