I had a lot of fun conversations with Isaac today...including one new exciting 'first' thing. So I just had to hop on here to document them.
This afternoon, after eating his snack, Isaac was walking around with his sippy cup when something overcame him and he decide to hurl his cup across the dining room. Immediately after it hit the sliding glass door and landed on the floor, he exclaimed, "WHOA! I too my wadow ova dayer!" (I threw my water over there!) I have no idea how, but keeping my composure, I said, "You sure did. But we don't throw cups in our home. So please go pick it up and put your cup on the table." He walked over, beaming with pride at how far he threw his cup and as he obediently put it on the table, with a bit of giddiness in his voice, said "I threw my water." I thanked him for doing what I asked. And was laughing SO hard on the inside. :)
Later on, he brought a bunch of Legos out into the living room. He was sitting on the floor working very hard building something. So I asked, "Isaac, what are you making?" Without looking up, he said, "I makey a tain...choo-choo." He kept putting more and more blocks on his train so it was larger than normal. Rolling it along the couch, he looked at me and said, "It a biiiiig tain." I have no idea when he learned the concept of BIG. But I think he's getting it. So fun!! A few moments later some of the Legos started falling off and frustrated, he said, "Oh NO! Da tain faw down." So we went to go get more blocks to keep building. Once back in his playroom, he proceeded to tell me all about how his train was going to the farm. "It go-een to da fawm." From the other room, I heard him talking to himself: "It's a sheep. It's a....horsey. It's a...wabbit. It's a....duck. It's a....GOAT! I fown (found) da COW!" I walked in to find him doing a puzzle with each of those animals in it! :) So sweet.
Then....this evening, he was sitting on a small bag of mine that resembles a purse. Here's how this conversation went:
Me: Isaac, what are you doing?
Isaac: I rye-deen da puhs. (I'm riding the purse)
Me: You are?
Isaac: I wanna puhs.
Me: But purses are for girls.
Isaac: I wanna puhs.
Me: You could have a man-bag.
Isaac: Mmm-hmm. I wanna man-bag.
LOVE it! :)
And then...for the last thing this evening...and the one that had me jump up screaming...
Isaac started throwing his magnet letters off of the refridgerator (something he does frequently). From across the room, I said, "Isaac, NO THANK YOU! Please pick those up. We don't throw those on the floor." He grabbed a letter off the fridge, held it in the air and yelled, "I! I!" I looked at the letter in his hand...and you guessed it...it was the letter I! I jumped up, screaming and said, "YEEESSSSS!" You're right, buddy! That's the letter I!" He was so excited...we were all laughing and smiling. And all the while, he began picking up the rest of the letters on the floor, saying "I picky up da lettos." Once he got them all back on, I asked him where the "I" was. He grabbed it without hesitation!! So Isaac knows his first letter!! :) And how fitting that it's the first letter of his name! :)
This may not be a big deal to anyone. But to a mommy who's been teaching her child things like this for 21 months (since he was born), it's fun to finally begin seeing some of the fruit of our work!! :) He just surprises us with what he knows every day. This is SUCH a fun age.
2 comments:
That's our Isaac. :) Such a smartie. Love it when he does the "smartie-pants dance." And he DOES know that that is!
i LOVE it :) fun fun stories thanks for sharing! o my :)
Post a Comment