Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Five months old...

Sweet, sweet Naomi. You are FIVE months old today. Where has the time gone?? I feel like I just blinked and here you are...getting so big! Your name means "beautiful, pleasant, delightful," and sweetheart, you are all three! :)We get so many comments on how happy you are. You smile at everyone...all the time. You rarely fuss or cry - just when you're really hungry or if you're ready to go to sleep. In fact...when it's time to put you down for bed, we just swaddle you, put a pacifier in your mouth, and you just peacefully drift off to sleep. SO precious!! :) And so EASY!You are still a tiny little thing. Many people are surprised when they find out that you're 5 months old...they usually guess much younger because of how small you are. You're still wearing 0-3 month clothing, but I'm guessing that you'll be growing out of them within a month or so. :)We have been having First Steps therapists come out to our house every other week to work with you. Since you were born, you were VERY stiff. They call it hypertonia. Mommy has been going crazy trying to figure out WHY you are this way, but I have recently decided to just forget about the "why" of it all. You are doing MUCH better with our exercises and actually have very little stiffness now (just in your arms a little). You still struggle quite a bit with reaching out and grabbing for toys. I think it's because of the stiffness. Once we get you a little more loosened up with your arms, then I think you'll be good to go! :)You LOVE watching your big brother. And Isaac loves it when you watch him. His favorite thing is to run back and forth in front of you, laughing as your head goes from side to side to keep track of him. It's super cute. You smile and laugh at him a lot. He loves you too, but I can tell that once you do start grabbing for his toys, he's not going to be too happy. I'm working on him, though! :)Let's see...what else...we think you've started teething, as you are drooling non-stop and love putting EVERYTHING in your mouth. You are still breastfeeding and haven't started solid foods yet. I have a feeling that we'll start with that within the next month, as you have been showing LOTS of interest in our foods and drinks! You are rolling over like a champ, and have been working on sitting up on your own.We love you beyond words. And are SO thankful that the Lord has blessed us with you, sweet baby girl.

2 comments:

Jennifer Spadafora said...

Leslie, she is just beautiful. A little angel. Isaac is such a lucky big brother!! Happy 5 months!!!!

Jenn (FF)

rockoutwithourcoxout said...

she is PRESH!!!