So Isaac has been really keeping us on our toes lately. He knows what he wants, knows how to communicate to get it, and when he doesn't get his way...LOOK OUT! We've been working on memorizing Bible verses with him...and his first one is James 1:19 - "Do not become angry easily." He LOVES working on his verse, and has about half of it memorized. Super sweet. If only he truly understood what it means. :)
As most toddlers at this age, he is VERY quick to become angry and frustrated these days. I am constantly finding myself taking deep breathes, rolling my eyes, and praying for patience. :) And part of me is also laughing at myself for having an unrealistic mindset going into this. I always thought, "Not MY kids...no...we're going to call them the "terrific twos" because they aren't going to be like other toddlers. I'm going to parent them in such a way that they (and us) will not even experience the terrible twos." HA! There's a reason why they're called terrible...and a reason why SO many moms and dads are so exhausted with their little ones during this super trying (and also super fun) stage.
So anyway...that's what we've been dealing with lately. While it's been challenging, we're also having LOTS of fun watching him discover the world around him. He has gone from asking "wha-saaat?" to "whas dat cawd?" And he's constantly letting us know what he wants: "I wanna see Cawub" (one of his best friends is Caleb), or "I wanna kees da pider." or "I wanna go to Nana and Papas." or "I wan to caw nana an hode da phone." or "I wan to watch baby tyin-time" (his Baby Signing Time dvds) or "I would like a pwune peez, mommy." or "I want to touch it."
He also let's us know what he's doing or can't do: "Hi! I reedeen a book whit Kiki!" or "Look, mommy...I jumping!" or "I can't weech it da bubbos." or "I'm coming, Daddy!" He has also started using past-tense phrases: "I cozed it...da door." or "I eated da pizza" or my favorite that had me laughing, "I aweady said peez."
His favorite phrase this week is "Look at dat!" And then he wants us to ask "What IS that?" And then he'll answer us. :) He has started trying to manipulate a little bit as well. He knows he's not allowed to stand up on our dining room chairs. He'll get up on one and say, "I sitting" and then as he verrrrry slowly stands up, he'll say, "But I wan ta stand up." Little weasel! :) Cute, though. :)
He has also began to understand the difference between wants and needs. He spends most of his days saying, "I want ___." But if he doesn't get what he want, he'll change it to, "I need ___" That's been a fun one! Hehe.
He definitely keeps us laughing, though. Here's an example of a funny conversation that took place last week:
Isaac: Look at da boobies...I wanna ride da boobies! (referring to my sister's crack showing above her pants)
Me: That's her back...you want to ride on her back?
Isaac: Yeah.
Isaac: (riding on her) Gidee up, boobies!
Us: LAUGHING hysterically.
1 comment:
That kid cracks me up sumpthin fierce!! And he's SO SMART! I think I wasn't far off when I bought him that Harvard T-shirt!
Post a Comment