Since becoming a professional photographer, I have stressed about the photos I put up on this blog. It's like I have this pressure to produce amazing, nicely-edited photos every time. That's a lot of WORK! And so, with the encouragement of another photographer, I am not going to stress about it anymore. In fact...I am not even going to edit most of the photos you'll see on here. This is our family blog. Not my business blog. It is meant to document our lives and I don't have to make every stinkin picture look perfect. I don't have to prove myself to anyone on here. :) And I have to believe that including half-crappy snapshots on my family blog is NOT going to ruin my business. Hehe. So anyway...get ready for some craptastic, non-watermarked photos on here!!
For today's blogpost, I want to document some fun things that Isaac has been doing lately. I will just do it in list format, as it's easier that way...
-LOVES to play his kazoo...and does a cute little shoulder dip/dance while playing
-enjoys letting Naomi ride on his shoulders (with help from mommy, of course)
-wants to kiss EVERY animal he sees ("i wan na kees da kwirl" translated: "I want to kiss the squirrel")
-says "mmmm-hmmm" very matter-of-factly to answer "yes" to our questions
-when we ask him what color something is, it's ALWAYS "lello" (translated: yellow) He's also correctly identified things that are "geem" (green), "bue" (blue), "po-po" (purple), and red. But EVERYTHING is first "lello"
-he loves riding on everyone's back, saying, "giddee-up!" I have to be careful if I turn my back on him, because I have caught him sitting on Naomi a few times!!! (She hasn't been bothered by it yet)
-he's STILL eating crayons. YUCK. so if you come over to our house to "cullow" (color), just beware that most of our crayons are missing their tips!!
-he's started eating cereal from a bowl with a milk and a spoon...and doing VERY well at it!
-he's still a GREAT sleeper, usually waking up between 9-11am each morning, taking a 2-4 hour nap in the afternoon, and going to bed anywhere between 7:30-9:00pm, depending on what we have going on.
And here are his latest fun sayings:
-"Whoa! Look at dat, mommy!"
-"I would like (fill in the blank), peese." or "I want dis!"
-"I don't want to take a nap."
-"I wanna dink a mommy's wado" (I want a drink of mommy's water)
-"Who did it?"
He had me laughing SO hard lately. I had JUST finished packing up the diaper bag to head out with the kiddos. I set it on the couch and told Isaac to leave it alone while I ran to the bathroom real quick. He must have heard my flush the toilet, because he promptly met me on my way back from the potty. I picked him up and headed to the living room, where I found the diaper bag upside down, with it's contents strewn about the floor. I sighed as I walked toward the mess with Isaac in my arms.
He gasped and pointed at the mess, saying: "Who did dat...to ma bag?!?" The little stinker is already trying to pull things over on me! I said, "YOU did that!" He just smiled, knowingly. I can't believe that he's already being deceitful! He has done this "Who did it" trick a few times...and even once went as far as saying something along the lines of, "da baby did it." Are you kidding me!?!
We've gotten keep a tight reign on this one!! :) And without further ado...here are some recent photos...not edited in the slightest. :)
Isaac enjoys reading to Naomi...and kissing on her too!


These next few just CRACK me up!! He definitely keeps us laughing!


And while he enjoys making us laugh, he also has his moments that make me want to SCREAM. Like this mess he made last week...when he thought it would be a fun idea to throw his plate of hotdogs and ketchup on the floor...making a lovely mess on my walls! UGH. And for what it's worth...I didn't scream. I grunted and went to grab my camera. :)





2 comments:
Leslie, I have to say that your photos are always beautiful, edited or not. You really can capture the essence of your household. LOVE the pic of Isaac in the rubbermaid tub!
OMMMMMMMMMMG... those pictures are HILARIOUS!!! Even the oneswith Naomi... bahahahahahah i was laughing the whole time... BAHAHAH sooo good
Post a Comment