Friday, February 25, 2011

Experiment - Days 4 and 5

Day 4

7:45am - Wake up for the day - Kevin let me sleep in and since I went to bed WAY too late, it was SUCH a blessing!

8:30-9:30am - Did a series of activities, including: playing on the floor piano, coffee bean work (which they LOVE), counting sticks, and puzzles.

*All of the work with coffee beans made me crave some coffee...so I'm enjoying some right now! :)


9:45am - We invited a neighbor friend over to join us for a movie and play time. SUPER fun!!
11:30am - lunch, then naps

1:15pm - both kids up from their naps...it was a very short one today. UGH.

2:00pm - snack, then playtime - they enjoyed pretending that they were riding on horses on the couch! :)
3:00pm - dance party!!
3:30pm - more structured activities: cutting and pasting work, colors/sticker activity, felt board, Color Wonder markers coloring, and work with shape board.
**It was a busy day, and they both responded VERY well to all of their structured activities. I need to be more intentional about planning out more things for them like I did today!**

Day 5
*no photos from today, as we were busy with friends all day! :)

6:45am - get a shower, and both kids are up early!

8:15am - I enjoy my breakfast as the kids are working on their space shuttle. They are waiting on me to re-fuel, so I can join them on their space mission. :)

9:25am - We leave for a playgroup. Enjoyed time talking with other mommies.  Unfortunately, half-way through, Isaac came up to me and said, "Excuse me, mommy. I'm not having very much fun." He was bored, as he was the oldest child there...by quite a bit.

1:00pm - got home and ate lunch

1:30pm - Naomi down for nap

1:45pm - Isaac down

2:00pm - Isaac up to go potty, Naomi is still awake.

2:45pm - UGH. Naomi is crying...doesn't want to nap today.

3:15pm - brought Naomi downstairs, then some friends arrive for a playdate.

5:00pm - friends left, and I put a frozen pizza in the oven while kiddos watched a show.

**Today was SUPER easy. Fun times with other mommies...and kids.**

No comments: