Friday, February 4, 2011

Nomi, Nomster, Mimi...

Over the past week or so, my sweet little Naomi has been exhitbiting some completely unexpected, but delightfully wonderful behavior. I've always joked that being a mom is a "thankless" job. But I honestly cannot even say that anymore. At 20 months old, my precious daughter is thanking me for EVERY last thing I do for her! I have NO CLUE where she picked this up...but I am absolutely LOVING it!! Whether I hand her a sippy cup, put a bib on her, give her dinner, push her chair in, wipe off her hands, CHANGE HER DIAPER!...it's all the same response: a very sweet, "thank you, mommy!" I can hardly believe it. Don't get me wrong...we relentlessly teach manners in our home. I am just used to reminding my 3-year-old to say thank you with the simplest tasks! But this...this seems like a genuine heart of gratitude. It's quite impressive! I am eating it up! I can't wait to do things for her!! I really hope it is not just a phase, because it is just about the most precious thing I've seen in a long time!! :)

Here are some more pics from our session last month (there's A LOT):

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
skeen said...

ADOREABLE!
:)

Monika said...

She's got the most beautiful eyes :)