Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to school time!

This week, we have celebrated two different first days of school! Monday was our first day of homeschool, which I have enjoyed calling, "The Ober Homeschool Academy." :) And Tuesday was their first day of preschool at a local faith-based montessori school. They will be doing two days of each "school" a week, and having one day off.

First day of homeschool






First day of preschool
 
So far, they are both very into it all. I love teaching, and they love learning, so it's a win-win all around! The first thing Naomi said when I picked them up from preschool was, "That was FUN!" :) Naomi's favorite part is her new Tinkerbell backpack, which she wears ALL day long! Next week, we'll be throwing in a new activity into the mix - gymnastics classes for BOTH kids. Isaac took a class this summer and did VERY well...you can see a recap video here:


This session, Naomi and I will be doing a parent/child 2's class, and Isaac will be doing the same tumbling tots class again. Once he gets his backward roll down, he'll move up to the next level, called "Invitation Tots" which is by instructor invitation only and designed for 3-4-year-olds who are ready for some extra challenges! :) Either way...this seems to be a really good fit for him, and he LOVES it!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Leslie, I love love love your schoolroom! Especially your book nook tree. Awesome. It sounds like you've found a great way to make school work for your family this year. And I'm so glad you're back to posting on this blog!