Monday, September 5, 2011

Kid Quotes...

I know I have been TERRIBLE about keeping up with this blog. I hope to get better as time goes on, rather than worse! Hehe. We'll see how it goes! Part of the problem is because I post so much to Facebook. But that is all so temporary...immediate, but temporary. And the whole point of a blog is to have it as a sort of journal/baby book for my children. They won't be able to look back at Facebook to see what was going on in their lives during this time. :( I WILL get better about this!!

To start, I have been keeping an ongoing list of cute/funny things that the kids say. It's getting quite long, so I figured I'd dump it on here before I start a new one! These are all from the past few months or so. But here they are...

Naomi
She has started saying "big ole" like her brother. One morning, when I went to get her out of her crib, she was saying, "I heard a big ole, big ole noise, mommy!"

"Let's go downstairs an eat breakfass...so my belly won't hurt anymore."

She says "Oh" before she answers a question:
Me: "Naomi, how old are you?"
Her: "Oh...I'm two!"

Still calls herself "Mimi" and Isaac is usually "Ike" but a lot of times she'll even leave off the -ke and it just sounds like she's saying "I" which is SO confusing. For example: Me: "What happened?" Her: "I hurt my arm." Me: "How did you hurt it?" Her: "No...I did it!" Me: "Isaac?" Her: "Yeah...I-yak." :)

Still very polite, saying "I'm sorry" if she accidentally bumps into anyone. SO precious.

While riding in the van, she'll say, "Scoo-me, mommy...scoo-me, mommy..." (excuse me) over and over again until I say, "Yes, Naomi?" To which she'll usually reply, "Um...where are we going?"

If I ask her to do something, she'll say, "Okay, mommy...I will!"

She is very expressive and joyful. When she gets excited about something, she shouts, "Hooray!" as she jumps with her hands up in the air! :) And she's always saying that she LOVES things or people. For instance:

Me: "We're going to Miss Mary's house to play.'
Naomi: "Oh I LOVE Luke! And I like Miss Mary too!"
Me: "Are you excited to play with Luke?"
Naomi: "Yes. And baby Ava too!"

She has recently been interested in watching me go to the bathroom. I have assumed it's because she's super interested in potty training, so I don't see a problem with it. When I go to wipe, she quickly goes to look around at my behind. Each time, she points at my bottom and inquisitively asks, "Is that your suitcase, mommy?" LOL. I have NO clue where she got that one!! But apparently my backside reminds my daughter of a piece of luggage!

Naomi tends to be very sensitive to the sun. And when riding in the van, gets very frustrated when it's shining in her face. A pretty regular comment that I get from the back seat is: "I don't like the sun!" Quickly followed by, "Can you turn off the sun, Mommy? Cuz it's too bright!" :)

Isaac
"Here...I have a plan..." or "Oh...I have a REALLY good idea..."

Often refers to things that are big as, "big ole, big ole" like, "Then there was a big ole, big ole dragon coming after him."

Instead of "Lollypop" he'll say "Poppylot" :)

"I'm the TOUGHEST!"

When his Nana asked if he'd like to try her soup, he said, "Well, actually, I'd like to HAVE your soup."

Uses words like, "probably, actually, maybe, especially, etc" which make him sound like a little professor.

Enjoys saying, "That would be DISGUSTING!"

Still enjoys using potty talk ("tootie, poopy, bootie").

Me: "Where could your flashlight have gone?"
Isaac: "Maybe to Mars?"
Me: "Do you even know what Mars is?"
Isaac: "Yeah...it's a planet!"

"She doesn't actually want to be keeped. She wants to play with us, because we're kind of fun."

Instead of saying "Soda Pop," he says, "Papa Sode"

When asked why he wanted Kevin to leave the bathroom, Isaac said, "Because I'm doing my business. And my business is none of your business!" LOL. Gotta love that kid! :)

He keeps using "like" when talking, for instance: "So, like, were they going, like, to their house?" or "Like, what do you think we're, like, having for dinner?" He sounds like a little valley girl! Wonder where he got that from?!? :)

Rather than asking "Can we?" he sometimes uses something much more sophisticated: "Do you suppose we could go to the park, mommy?" Makes us laugh every time!

(After playing downstairs by himself for a little while...)
Isaac: "Oh, is that you?"
Me: "Yep!"
Isaac: "Oh good. I was like a little lonely down here by myself."
Me: "Awe."
Isaac: "So, um...you wanna come play with me?"

Instead of "Meatloaf," he referred to dinner as "Loaf Meat" :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

these are awesome!!! :) hehe. LOVEd reading them :)