How on earth can you already be turning FOUR?!? It's funny, though, because so much of the time, you seem quite a bit older than that. When you do begin to act like the nearly 4-year-old that you are, I just have to smile and remind myself how young you really are.
At your baby dedication three years ago, one of the pastors prophesied over you. He said that you were going to be a great friend to all you meet and that you would just be delightful, pleasant...and bring smiles to everyone who meets you. This is all already SO true. I am continually amazed at how great of a friend you are! You love everyone with a BIG heart. And you are quite outgoing, which helps you to make new friends very quickly and easily. I hope that quality about you never changes.
You simply just have a pure joy within you and I hope that always remains as well. Sometimes all I have to do is look at you and it makes my heart swoon with love and joy! You are such a sweetheart. And my cuddler! If I am sitting, you can bet that Naomi Grace will be in my lap! In fact, you enjoy crawling up into everyone's laps! While sometimes I get annoyed at this constant lap sitting, I do really cherish it. Before long, you'll probably outgrow this desire to curl up in my lap and then I will long for it!
You have kind of started kindergarten work with school this year. You know all of your letters and most numbers. And have started reading simple words. You haven't shown a real desire to do schoolwork, and because of your age, I haven't really pushed it either. You are really good at coloring and playing with your brother and sister. We are still consistently reminding you to not scream. Whether you get upset or excited, you have a tendency to let out a most unpleasant shriek. That's a work in progress. ;)
Overall, you are developing quite well! You are still a little peanut (wearing 18m or 2T shorts and 3T tops). We get comments all the time about how teeny tiny you are. But you are beginning to look more and more grown up. Your hair is finally getting long enough to do things with. You are rather obsessed with having long hair...you always talk about how you want it to be long like Rapunzel's! Too cute.
Let's see...what else? You still fall asleep with your light on, and no longer take naps. You still eat like a bird, and your favorite foods include: asparagus, macaroni and cheese, pork chops, pasta, and breakfast! You have been riding your 2-wheeler bike for over a month now and are having LOTS of fun riding with all of the big kids! You are just about the sweetest little princess I know! You bring great joy and laughter to our lives. My heart is just super thankful for you! I love how God has made you!! :) Happy 4th birthday, my Naomi Grace!






No comments:
Post a Comment