Wouldn't you know that since my post about Isaac being a "spirited" child, he has been having AMAZING days!?! Figures. Maybe he didn't like me posting that. Or maybe I was over-reacting to him having a REALLY bad day? He has been more contented and calm, playing by himself more, not screaming in his car seat, and actually fell ASLEEP in his stroller during a walk!! It is as if he is out to prove me wrong. Hehe. And I guess I'm okay with that, as we have had a really wonderful week!!
He had his 5-month shots on Tuesday. He's a total champ with shots. He does this really sad mouth-wide-open, face-bright-red, silent cry when the shots first go in. But the moment I pick him up, he lets out a little whimper and then is good to go. What a tough little guy!! :o) Oh, and he weighed in at 17lbs 14oz. Nice and healthy. :o)
He has recently started chewing and sucking on his bottom lip. It looks super cute, but I'm a little concerned that it may become raw before too long. He is definitely still teething, but has been handling it remarkably well.
We got a surprise visit from Bobby and Grammy (his grandma and grandpa Norman). That was fun!! Although since he had just woken up from a shorter-than-usual nap, he wasn't in the best mood. We also had a fun play date with some friends yesterday. So we've had LOTS going on. And we are going to be just as busy for the rest of the week, with play dates today and tomorrow!! Play dates with babies this age are really more for the mommies! Hehe. Cause lets be honest...Isaac doesn't really get what's going on yet, and if he does, he gets tired of looking at the other babies in about 3 minutes! :o) It's still nice to socialize with them, though...and it's definitely nice to meet with other mommies who are going through (or have gone through) similar things. Makes me feel human.
2 comments:
just as I commented that Cana was "difficult" during certain times, my friend said, "nope, she's not difficult, she's just a baby doing what babies do" That has been great perspective for me during those times. I am so glad that the little guy is having some good days.
Thanks, Rachel! That's definitely a good reminder. And I'm glad he's been having some good days too! :o)
Post a Comment