A friend of mine recommended that I call the hospital that I'd like to deliver at and ask to speak with a nurse on the OB floor, as they work with all of the different doctors there. What a GREAT idea!! I talked to a really sweet woman who was SUPER friendly. She asked what I was looking for in a doctor. My criteria is pretty simple: I'd like someone who is personable and easy to talk to...who works in a practice that is not induction or intervention happy. I also want a doctor that is pro-breastfeeding and really seems to have good relationships with their patients.
This nurse shared my desires with a couple of friends/nurses that were right there with her. They all unanimously came up with the same doctor and practice. How cool is that? They said that this doctor is VERY personable. She is very calming and only does inductions if they are absolutely medically necessary. They thought that she'd be a great fit given my situation. Her name is Dr. Kristin Adams and she works with four other highly-recommended doctors.
Whew! I called first thing this morning and got set-up with an initial visit with a nurse practitioner on December 2nd (next Tuesday). Then she scheduled me for an ultrasound and appointment with Dr. Adams on Friday, December 5th. Dr. Adams doesn't usually see patients on Fridays, but the woman scheduling the appointment said that since this is a special situation she could probably see me then. :)
I also spoke with the nurse of my previous doctor, and let them know that I would not be continuing with them. There were MANY reasons for switching doctors, but they all boil down to the fact that it just was NOT a good match for me. I need to have a doctor who I am comfortable with and who I feel supported by. I hope this new doctor is as wonderful as she sounds!! :)
2 comments:
Well, that has to ease your mind a little. Good luck with this one! Now, what about that boy? Any new pics? (You would think I never get to see him!)
yay!! that's great news
Post a Comment