Friday, December 5, 2008

New Doctor...New Outlook

So I had my first appointment with my new doctor today. It was WONDERFUL. She seems like a really great doctor. I enjoyed her personality and her methods of practice. Very cool. Praise God! And we got to see our little one again via ultrasound.

We saw a perfectly healthy, active little baby wiggling around in there! He/she even waved at us!! And wouldn't you know...there was not even a HINT of a herniation near the umbilical cord. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. We looked and looked...and the baby looked completely normal. No fetal omphalocele. We also heard and saw the heartbeat...it was just beautiful! God is amazing. We are SO thankful for this blessing. In six weeks, we'll have one last ultrasound to find out the sex of this little one.

We (as in Kevin and I) have been fighting off a sinus-type infection this week. And I'm also on antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. Woo hoo (not)! But aside from these things, I am feeling pretty good. Well...and except for my lower back killing me...and the fact that I've been SO exhausted. But seriously...other than those things...I am feeling GREAT. Hehe. ;)

Here are a couple more recent videos of our little guy. I want to capture every minute of his precious little life on tape! I'm so afraid that my memory will fail me (because it usually does) some day...so I feel the need to document it all very well. Hopefully it pays off! :)

Isaac signs "more"

We've already got a reckless driver! Yikes!!

(He whined for a minute after falling...but he was just fine, in case you were wondering!)

5 comments:

Paula and Jamson said...

I'm so glad for the good news! God is great! Call me soon. Love you guys and always in my prayers.

Erin said...

That's so great, Leslie!

Em said...

I'm so glad you found a great doctor, that makes all the difference! Also, so glad to hear that the baby looks healthy!

erin said...

love the videos!! :) and of course the good news - but i knew that ;)

KathyC said...

This is the most photographed baby in all of the world... I don't think any of us will ever forget - and that's a good thing! Isaac is so photogenic and good-natured - let's hope his new baby brother or sister is too!