Monday, October 4, 2010

Craziness...

I still haven't made time to post our photos from our Disney, which was almost a month ago now! UGH! We've had so much going on these days. While on our vacation, we found out that our pregnancy loss was not just a miscarriage, but it was a partial molar pregnancy. Most people have NO CLUE what this is. If you're interested in the details, you can Google it! ;) Basically, it CAN be serious...to my health. Tissue starts developing that shouldn't be (much like cancer). The first place it usually spreads is to the lungs, so I started with having to get a chest x-ray. Then I've been having weekly blood draws to check my hormone levels. Once they return to negative (which they are), I have to get three negatives in a row and then I only have to have monthly blood draws for a year. And here's the kicker: we've been told that we are not supposed to get pregnant for 12 months! UGH. The reason is because they would have no way of monitoring if the tissue began to spontaneously develop...and if it did and metastasized to other parts of my body while being pregnant, we'd be in a situation of having to choose to save my life or that of the unborn baby. The treatment if the tissue begins to to regrow is chemotherapy and has a fairly good prognosis. The odds are in my favor, though...as it is highly unlikely that any of that will actually happen.

Naomi has been seen by her pediatric gastroenterologist, and is schedule for an endoscopy in just a few weeks. We are hoping to figure out if there is a reason that she is still not gaining weight, but is always hungry, eating A TON, and then randomly throwing up after some meals. Hopefully we'll get some answers.

We also had yet another trip to the ER this weekend. This time was with Naomi. As she was going down a fast slide with daddy at a park, her little shoe got caught on the slide and jerked her leg back really fast. She was inconsolable for a very long time. I knew that something was really wrong, as I could not get her to calm down. As the day went on she did get better, but still would not walk on that leg. Per recommendation from her pediatrician, we took her to the hospital. The x-rays showed no fractures or major dislocation, so that's a good thing! We are planning to contact her orthopedic surgeon this morning to let him know what's going on. It seems like the pain is in her hip (and it's the same hip that had the dysplasia)...but it could also be a groin injury. We still have no idea!

Sooooo....all that to say...things have been a little crazy. All of this stuff is also still hugely unresolved. We are in a season of waiting. Maybe one of these days I'll put up some of the photos from our trip! :)

No comments: