I realized that it's been awhile since I've put some "Isaacisms" up here. This kid talks like a 4-5-year-old. It is rare that we don't understand what he says, as he speaks with great fluency and clarity. We are constantly surprised by his cleverness and his keen awareness of feelings...mostly his, but many times others as well. Here are just a few examples from the past week or two...
After being told for the third time to lay back down for his nap, he exclaims, "I'm frustrated....because I don't like to sleep."
Getting into the van, Isaac saw one of the large poles from my photography background stand that had slid under his seat. He asked what it was, and I told him it was a rod. He thought for a minute and then very concerned, he asked, "How are you going to spank me with THIS?"
Kevin and I were having a rare heated discussion while driving in the van with the kiddos. It wasn't a major deal, but we just got excited as we were talking. When we got quiet, Isaac asks from the back seat, "Guys, what are you doing?" I smiled, and said, "We were talking, sweetie." To which he replied, "I heard you talking, and you were talking loud. And I didn't like that. When you talked loud like that, it made me feel...sick." We hid our laughter at his innocence. And I asked what he meant. He said, "It makes my belly feel sick when I hear you talk loud like that. I don't like it." Bless his sweet heart!! :) We had the whole adults-have-arguments-sometimes-and-it's-okay-because-we-love-each-other-and-we-work-it-out-with-respect talk. SO precious.
If I have to ever raise my voice in the slightest to get his attention, he says, "Mommy. I think you scared me when you did that. And that makes me sad. It makes me sad when you scare me like that."
And he is also ALWAYS dialoguing about what he's doing and/or thinking. Here's an example from this week:
As I was carrying him into my mom's house, he started talking about the toy he had in his hand, "Nana's gonna ask me what's in my hand. And I'm gonna tell her it's my ring. And then she's gonna ask where I got it. And I'm gonna say from home!"
He has also really been into telling stories lately. He'll make up something and then end it with, "And THAT'S my story!" I think we can thank his favorite TV show for that one! (Super Why)
He has started saying, "That's ridiculous!" to certain things, as in when Kevin disciplined him the other day!! :)
He's also been saying, "OH MY GOSH!" a lot lately. :( Not sure where he got that one!
1 comment:
Leslie, I LOVE that boy! :) He comes out with the best things ever, and some of them even HELP me when I see his perspective explained so clearly in ways my own kids don't communicate it. I love how his thoughts are right there for you to know about.
Post a Comment