Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Potty Time!

Potty training updates

Isaac: More or less completely poop-trained. (Can I get a hallelujah!?) But showing pretty much zero interest in letting us know when he needs to pee. He will even say, "Hey mommy...I'm peeing in my pull-up right now!" UGH! He goes pee on the potty throughout the day (before and after sleeping usually)...any pretty much any time we put him on the toilet, he does go. But he just doesn't care at all about paying attention to his cues and letting us know. Hmmmmm....

Naomi: I cannot believe that I actually have anything to report on with her (given that she's not even 17 months old!). But just yesterday, she walked up to me with a funny look on her face, patted her little bottom, and said, "Poo-pee." To which I replied, "Do you want mommy to change your diaper?" She nodded frantically and RAN over to the changing table saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" Sure enough...she had just pooped! :) Then while at the doctor's office this afternoon, Naomi found a little step stool. She ran up to it, yelling, "Potty, potty, potty!" I acknowledged that it kind of looked like a little potty chair, and asked if she'd like to pretend and sit on it. She promptly scooted her little bottom onto the stool, smiled really big, and said, "I pee-pee!" as she patted the front of her diaper. She did this over and over...and was so proud of herself! She is showing SO much more interest in this than her big brother at this time! Craziness! :)

No comments: