Monday, September 10, 2012

All About Isaac...

At four and a half, this boy is ALWAYS busy. He spends his days playing with "guys", building things with Legos or blocks, and pestering his little sister. He loves spending time outside and still loves looking for bugs. He is currently into all things DANGEROUS. He enjoys doing flips and climbing up EVERYthing. His favorite things to climb include doorways, our van, and the trash receptacles in the garage. He also enjoys spending time racing around on his bike. Not only can this little boy proficiently ride a two-wheeler...he is now doing tricks on it! He is quite the little daredevil. And he's got the battle wounds to prove it! The concrete is NOT his friend...not sure why he continues to allow his face to kiss it every time he falls! It seems as though the moment one wound heals, another one is planted in its place. His legs are just as beat up as his face.

Just some more scrapes. No big deal.
Cherries are messy...and GOOD! :)


Today I just got schooled by my son...from something he learned on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood (a new show on PBS). I was frustrated at Naomi because she wasn't playing right with the bean boxes. I was talking very sternly as I was helping her pick up all the little beans out of the carpet. Isaac said, "Mommy...you need to take a deep breath and count to four." I said, "What?" He smiled and said, "You know...like Daniel tiger...you started to ROAR...so instead, you should take a deep breath and count to four. And then you'll be ready to talk calmly to her about it without roaring at her." LOL. Oh my word. Busted. By my four-year-old. And the cutest part was that he SUNG half of it with a big smile on his face like they do on the show!! Love him! So I did what he said...and he even corrected how deeply I breathed in! "No...like this!" :) I took a deep breath, and counted to four. I was so tickled inside that I wasn't even frustrated anymore. Then he said, "Good! NOW maybe you can ask her WHY she did it." :) We had a peaceful discussion about the rules of playing with the bean boxes. And everyone was happy.

He is a busy, busy boy...full of energy and LIFE. You will often find him singing while doing whatever it is that he's up to. And he loves to worship God! :) He can still be very hot and cold (aka moody), but we are working on it. :) I look forward to seeing how the Lord moves and works in his life over the coming years. He's gonna be a mighty warrior...I can already tell! :)

No comments: