Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yay for progress!!

I am ALL SMILES over here! At my doctor's appointment this afternoon, I found out that I have not gained a single pound this week. I tested negative for the Group B Strep test (that's a good thing). AND...I have made progress "down there."

At 36 weeks I was: 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and baby was at a -2 station
Today (37 weeks): 2cm dilated, 75% effaced, and baby is at a -1 station!!

Woohoo! The first thing she said while doing the exam was, "Wow...he's really down there." She also said that she would be surprised if I made it to my due date!!! Craziness. It's getting so real. We're having a baby!! (in the next couple of weeks, that is)

4 comments:

Cheryl (aka Chen) said...

Yay! It's becoming more real, isn't it? Pretty soon, it's not belly shots we're posting... it's our babies!

By the way, you look really great, even with the bare belly shots. I have to agree, it's all baby... and you're definitely glowing.

Paula and Jamson said...

if you give birth in the next couple of weeks, i may still be able to come and visit. i can't wait!!!!!!

Leslie Ober said...

if you are able to come down, paula...that would be awesome!! :o) we'll see what happens.

Cheryl (aka Chen) said...

Hey Leslie! Heard the good news.... CONGRATS!!! That's the perfect birthday present. :)