Sunday, May 4, 2008

Being a mom is FUN!

So I started thinking about being a mom the other day....and I wouldn't trade it for the world! As I was thinking about that, I realized that I'm a new mom when I...

went a full week without even noticing a HUGE zit on my face
walk around all day with songs like the "Itsy-Bitsy Spider and B-I-N-G-O stuck in my head
get really excited about getting to go out to Target all by myself
am shopping, I rarely look for things for me...I'd rather buy baby stuff
have mastered the art of putting on clothes with one hand
have to change my clothes 2-3 times a day because a certain someone has puked on me
get excited about baby poop
go through a gazillion camera batteries a week
actually look forward to showering
haven't seen a movie in MONTHS!
am most amused by a certain little dude's smiles and coos
have done 10 times more laundry that I used to
see other babies, I am interested in what percentiles they are in size
find myself doing the silliest things to get a smile out of my little man
get excited about sleeping in until 7:00am.

And here's a new little video of our little man talking in his crib. This never gets old! :o)

5 comments:

KathyC said...

What a cutie... can't wait to see him again! Love the videos... I can't get enough! Looks like Isaac likes being your baby as much as you like being his mom!

Helena and Elise said...

Isaac is so sweet, too! I agree - it doesn't get any better than being a mom. Each moment is so sweet a precious! Love those coos. Glad you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

I swear he said "Mommy" in the middle of this video!!! He's going to cure cancer!!!

-Great Auntie-Jen

erin said...

adorable! i like your list!

amo said...

Funny, that list does not sound "fun" to me at all! Hopefully it will someday... Cute pix. I love looking at how big he's getting!!