Wednesday, May 7, 2008

isaac update...

So I weighed my little man this morning. And clothed, he weighs in at 16lbs, 7oz!! He can still fit into most of his 3-6 month clothes, but has also started wearing 9-month clothes already too!! He's getting so big! He has started to really enjoy his bouncy seat, exersaucer, and singing himself to sleep. He is smiling a lot more, and has even tried laughing a few times. SO cute!! Oh...and he LOVES chewing on his fist (it's always his right one, so maybe that means he'll be right-handed?).

His beloved fist.

He's also showed more interest in his toys!


Isaac had had a GREAT week or two (barely any reflux issues, not colicky, etc.). But for the past few days, he has been MISERABLE. Here's what I'm talking about...

And here's why...


I know it's kind of hard to see, but he is cutting some teeth. His gums are red and swollen in two spots on the bottom, and one on the top. The poor guy can't get a break! The two teeth on the bottom are already cutting through the gums (you can see and feel the teeth!!)!

So we're just having some extra cuddle time throughout the days, and taking Tylenol to help with the pain. Aside from the whole teething thing, everything is going very well! He's such a sweet baby!

6 comments:

KathyC said...

Poor baby boy... you really need to teach him how to use the teether.

Leslie Ober said...

You try teaching a 3-month-old that!! Not easy! :o)

KathyC said...

Well, has anything been "easy" to this point? :)

Allison said...

poor baby...try Hyland's teething tablets. they work great for lots of kiddos.

Anonymous said...

Hate to say this...but you FINALLY get throught the teething thing, and it's on to the next thing. It NEVER ends!! Geezz...I guess I'm sort of a buzz kill...not much help. I'll shut up!!!

Love,
Great-Auntie Jen

Anonymous said...

Awww!! He's so cute! Even when he's screaming his head off! So, I noticed that he was finally LOOKING at his toy!! Woohoo! BUT...has he started grabbing for them yet?? I can't wait to see him in just a few days!