Saturday, November 22, 2008

Anger and Relief...

I have been doing TONS of research since yesterday. Just trying to figure out what to make of all this. Right now, I am feeling mixed emotions....ranging from quite angry and frustrated to feeling TREMENDOUS relief.

Here is an excerpt from this website:

"From 8 weeks 3 days to 10 weeks 4 days of gestational age, all embryos have herniation of the midgut, most distinctive during weeks 9 and 10. At this stage, the midgut herniation presents as a large hyperechogenic mass. Midgut herniation has its maximal extension at the beginning of week 10 and returns into the abdominal cavity during weeks 10–11. The gut retracts into the abdominal cavity between 10 weeks 4 days and 11 weeks 5 days."

Hello!?!? Did you just read what I just read?? :) This thing has its MAXIMAL extension at the beginning of week 10...EXACTLY when I had my ultrasound. This makes total sense. The baby could be developing COMPLETELY normally. Why ON EARTH would my doctor have jumped all over the genetic testing and referred me to a specialist so soon? I am switching doctors first thing Monday morning. I hope I will have a more positive experience with this next doctor.

Thank you, again, for all of the wonderful support!! This has most definitely been an emotional 24 hours for me! As if pregnancy isn't stressful enough! Geesh! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am praying for you (four ;)

Em said...

Good work doing all that research. That stinks that your doctor would jump to such a conclusion...I hope your new doctor is better! I wish you could have my doctor, he is so positive...that should be a requirement with OBs I think. :)

Erin said...

Wow, Leslie. Good for you for digging deeper. I will be praying for you, and for this precious baby!

Helena and Elise said...

Ugg - how emotionally wrenching and frustrating! We'll definitely be praying for you and your baby! Congrats on that little sweetheart!

Tamara said...

congratulations!! what exciting news!! we'll be praying for your new little blessing!!!

Cheryl (aka Chen) said...

Wow, congratulations! Hope you find a better doctor... :)

Anonymous said...

I commented on FF but wanted to say I am glad you were able to do some research... I will continue to keep you and the little bean in our prayers. Congrats again!